Daredevil on Netflix

Joined Oct 2004
9K Posts | 1+
Los Angeles, CA
I've watched the first two episodes and man, does this show deliver. The ending of episode 2 was so good.

It's way more mature than your average Marvel show/movie. It's pretty violent and there is quite a bit of blood. Still though, I highly recommend it.

Please no spoilers if you've seen it all. At least not just yet.

Because of your first post, I just watched the first episode. I was very impressed. I wasn't expecting to like it due to the previews not showing him in his comic book costume. That is why I had not watched it until now. (Lame, I know)
The show is really put together well. Acting, story, and directing is top notch. I don't know what I was actually expecting, something cheap? Yeah something like that. I like this trend of places like Netflix putting out their own series. And that can be expected with the technology and the shift in our cultural entertainment habits. The internet is the future in TV.

Yes!! Marvel is killing it and are putting together shows and movies that are actually thought out. The days of cheap comic book movies/shows is past us, fortunately.

The second episode is even better in my opinion. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Daredevil is always a character I've tried to like (and do for the most part) but it's been plagued with ok writers through the years. Frank Miller and Brian Bendis (the earlier stuff) were good but then you get adequate writers like Karl Kesel and Andy Diggle that do nothing but water down the brand. The movie was the same way, Crappy toys and video games coupled with a movie that was mediocre. The license bounced around between sony, fox, and new regency before new regency ended up putting it out with fox distributing. I think it floated around in the 40's on both meta critic and rotten tomatoes.

and then Disney buys marvel....

since then marvel has been grabbing up rights to characters they'd once pawned off. Originally I was afraid that Disney would make Marvel properties TOO family friendly but so far they've done a bang up job and I can't wait to see what abc studios et. al. have done. It's got an average user rating of 9.3 on imdb which is the highest among anything connected to the marvel cinematic universe so far. I'm excited for it, but I just bought the first season of Black Sails so Daredevil is second in line.

Just got through watching the second episode. All I can say is wow. Brilliant piece of work. Can't help but feel that this series is taking me where I haven't been before.

I'm up to episode 5 and I'm liking where this is going. It's building up very nicely.

Hey, everyone. Long time no see! Didn't even know these forums were still active, heh~

I'm a huge Marvel nerd, so it took me like 3 days to watch the entire season, haha.

It's reallllllly good. The writing and directing (those fight scenes... soo good) are excellent. The acting is phenomenal. I absolutely love the guy who plays Matt.

The only real problem I had with the show is that the pacing was kind of all over the place throughout the series. Still really good, but it often seemed like they were dragging out a few hours of Daredevil time across multiple episodes.

I would've liked to have seen more cases from Matt and Foggy like in that one episode...
Seemed like they focused a bit too much on the whole Daredevil thing sometimes, nottttt that that's a bad thing, really, though. :p

Can't wait to see what they do with this thing! I also can't wait for Avengers: Age of Ultron, which releases here in the US in less than two weeks!!

We're still active. At least a few of us are. It's like our personal forum, until it officially gets shut down. We don't know if it's going happen soon or at all, so...

The pacing hasn't bothered me much. It tries to reach a balance for all viewers. Some binge and watch everything in one seeing, others like to take their time. I'm in between. I'll watch a couple of episodes a day but save the rest for another.

As for Avengers, I'm super stoked. Phase 2 is ending and Phase 3 looks like it's going to to it. Can't wait for spiderman as well.

I guess I am the one who takes his time. I am just on the third episode. Had a lot going on during the weekend. This coming weekend does not look much better. I will need to watch the shows 30mins at a time. ::D

Just got through with the third episode. The ending took me by surprise.

I've heard a lot of good things about Daredevil...might be about time to give in and watch it.

I've actually been really enjoying The Flash on CW. Good stuff!

I finished up a few of the daredevil episodes and have got to say I really enjoyed it. I like how Marvel is trying to loosely connect its properties and how well the daredevil origin was manipulated to fit in. I expected Foggy but was stoked to see Karen Page get such a part in the story. Rosario Dawson's character Claire Temple interests me because
it looks like marvel is merging Luke Cage's girlfriend (named Claire temple and was a nurse) with the character night nurse from a 70's comic under the same name who later found her way into the Bendis era of daredevil comics (I thought her name was Linda though)

Honestly though, I wouldn't have noticed the pacing issues if no one had mentioned it, the over all story is that good.

Finished it up last week as well. Damn good show. I can't wait until season 2 and for the other Netflix shows to premiere.

I need to get back and finish. I stopped at number 5. Real life just interupted my watch time. Not sure if it will be this weekend. Been thinking about taking the family to watch the second Avengers movie.

Someone told me that Netflex was going to do a Black Widow series.

I've heard that someone wants to make a black widow/hawkeye network show but it's just an idea right now I believe. If it does happen, it probably won't be until 2017.

The Jessica Jones Netflix show is supposed to be later this year and then a luke cage and iron fist show.

after I asked about Rosario dawson's character I started finding articles where other's have noticed the connections to the Luke Cage books and feels like marvel has put her in as a link between cage and daredevil kinda like they did with black widow in the iron man movie.

CreepinDeth said:
I've heard that someone wants to make a black widow/hawkeye network show but it's just an idea right now I believe. If it does happen, it probably won't be until 2017.

Same actors as the Marvel movies? They'd be better in a TV series than the Avenger movies. Black Widow and Hawkeye are pretty useless with Thor or Hulk around.

mastermario said:
Same actors as the Marvel movies? They'd be better in a TV series than the Avenger movies. Black Widow and Hawkeye are pretty useless with Thor or Hulk around.

I think Black Widow is there for eye candy. And Hawkeye is there so they will have someone to get wounded. ::D