Sega 32X Happy 15th Anniversary Sega 32X! Yes, Sega remembers..

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/20/sega-celebrates-32x-with-soundtrack-cd/

Known as the "SUPER 32X" in Japan, they are releasing a super cool soundtrack CD with the best tracks from the few games we played on the 32X :lol Yet, Happy Anniversary 32X! We hardly knew ya!

Hmm.... don't know how I missed this one. Somehow it slipped under my radar. Boy does this bring back memories and confusion. Sort-of like, "What? Sega is going to do what? An add on? No, a new system? Wait its GOING to be an add on? Huh? Oh a NEW system? Wait IT IS going to be an add on!" After you purchase it, bring it home, and hook it up. You sit waiting for the games, when you hear the announcement, "Sega is bringing out the Saturn! Third party developers, that were on board, abandon the 32X ship. While others turn their heads and let it die a painful horrid violent death. But I did get some very great games while that party lasted. If only they had placed this inside a new Genny, I think it would have been better received. Even if it had been short lived in that form, it would have been a collectors console.

The 32X makes my Genny look like ET. :lol

edit: How I remember arguing with store attendants over the 32X. They were trying to tell me and other customers that the 32X will enhance and bring more colors to the old Sega Genesis games! I told them, if the program inside the cart does not call on the use of those 32X chips in the add-on then it will not show up in the game, or on your TV screen! The old games will look and play the same! And there was the basis for my argument. Remember those debates, fun times.

http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=SegaBase+32X&bl=y

Still have mine proudly displayed on my shelf with the Sega CD.

Happy Birthday abandoned love child. :'(

I got my old

32X
MegaDrive
MEGA CD

On display as well.

My Mega CD has stopped reading discs as of late, t'is quite annoying. :mad: