Anyone feel that the N64 was not put into good use?

Joined Nov 2005
140 Posts | 0+
Denver, Colorado
I mean do you feel that Nintendo did not market the N64 well? I feel that the N64 had lots of potential that was never utilized. What do you think?

GAMEFAN

I agree, for the N64 had the ability to do many things after seeing Majora's Mask, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Resident Evil 2. Graphic tricks that I thought the N64 was never capable of, until it was up against the wall of defeat.

Then again, they always say that about people, how they "work" better under "pressure"...

Actually, the N64 landed in my "dark ages" of game playing. The time wher I didn't play any games at all. I missed the N64, Saturn and the first part of the PS1. I bought it just before the PS2 release date was announced.

I would say that if it was poor marketing, then it was a wase. Because even by todays standards the N64 is very respectable.

I dont know. Honestly I dont think any amount of advertising would have made it better. The PS1 was already gaining popularity and the fact that they still used cartridges made developers not really want to develop for it. I think either way it would have ended up like it is nowl.

There are pros and cons to a cart versus a disk. I see minor improvements on the crispness of the graphics on the disk, but at the cost of load times.

Just imagine if Sony and Nintendo hadn't parted ways and we'd be talking about the Nintendo Playstation instead!!

I think it was a decent system, but the cartrige system I think limited nintendo from matching Sony

Dart said:
There are pros and cons to a cart versus a disk. I see minor improvements on the crispness of the graphics on the disk, but at the cost of load times.

Just imagine if Sony and Nintendo hadn't parted ways and we'd be talking about the Nintendo Playstation instead!!

Yeah but the load times werent so bad that people cared about them and I think that's what made the PS1 popular. And the fact that CD's could hold video was another advantage over cartridges. You just couldn't produce a game like FFVII on an N64. Actually I believe that was the final nail in the coffin for the N64, FFVII.