Your best memories of the N64?

My best memory of my N64 has to be when I first got Star Fox 64. The first time I played it and got to the level, or planet, with all the fighters flying around that tower in the middle. I freaked out, it was so good. I had never played anything like it before. The dog fights with the time ticking away, before that tower blew, instantly made the game a classic and one of the best for me. I still pull out my N64 to replay Star Fox again, and again, and I might just do that through the coming Thanksgiving Holiday. It is still very enjoyable and one of my favorites on the system, but nothing like that first time. I have yet to play another game that made that sort-of impression on me.

MY greatest memory of N64 was when i used to play conkers bad fur day with friends and such. Thoose were indeed the days 8)

This was the first play ever playing a N64.

At a friend's house and he had Goldeneye and Turok (2? 3?). We were bored so he fried up the 64 and gave me a controller. We turned on Goldeneye and it was like...wow. :lol

Playing Ocarina of Time all night and not even realizing it until the sun began to rise.

FrakAttack said:
Playing Ocarina of Time all night and not even realizing it until the sun began to rise.

Heck yea man! When I first got my 64 and OOT it was over Christmas break. My buddy basically lived here for that week and all we did was play OOT all night and day. Best gaming experience I've ever had and I highly doubt anything will ever top it.

man there is too many good memories of the N64 to even be able to count (nevermind about the ps1... that would take forever) but i think that playing any multiplayer game was an amazing experience.... but i gotta give the props to the ending of Majora's Mask... not because it was a good ending (which i couldn't even understand back then due to lack of english knowledge) but because i was really proud i beat that game with all the hearts and all the masks and all the fairies it was the first zelda game i ever beat XD

Zidart said:
man there is too many good memories of the N64 to even be able to count (nevermind about the ps1... that would take forever) but i think that playing any multiplayer game was an amazing experience.... but i gotta give the props to the ending of Majora's Mask... not because it was a good ending (which i couldn't even understand back then due to lack of english knowledge) but because i was really proud i beat that game with all the hearts and all the masks and all the fairies it was the first zelda game i ever beat XD

You found all the heart pieces in MM? That's a pretty admirable feat if so!

x2 said:
You found all the heart pieces in MM? That's a pretty admirable feat if so!

yep, it was hard indeed, the hardest one for me were the minigame ones because i had a slight problem with my N64 controller and aiming with that problem was hard

Zidart said:
yep, it was hard indeed, the hardest one for me were the minigame ones because i had a slight problem with my N64 controller and aiming with that problem was hard

Respect. Seriously, I played that game 2 times through and both times ended with like 3-4 missing heart containers. I did find all the masks at least. Oh and I had a problem with a certain mini game, too. It was the one where you had to drop onto the moving platforms when you were the Deku.

x2 said:
Respect. Seriously, I played that game 2 times through and both times ended with like 3-4 missing heart containers. I did find all the masks at least. Oh and I had a problem with a certain mini game, too. It was the one where you had to drop onto the moving platforms when you were the Deku.

one thing for sure though, after getting all the hearts on majora's mask every other zelda game was a piece of cake :lol but yes i had a lot of time to play only that game back then (in my country N64 games were REALLY expensive so i only had majora's mask for about 6 months) and my determination to beat games in 100% is something i still keep today but i learned from the N64 era

FrakAttack said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. The same goes for Perfect Dark, Majora's Mask, Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Playin Zelda OOT. That game has to be either my #1 or #2 favorite game of all time ! That game was ahead of its time. Another N64 memory was playin No Mercy with my friends... man, we would have some epic 2 v 2 tag team matches. My friend actually bought a 64 for that game like 2 weeks ago. Good times

my best memories are probably getting the 64 on launch day but not having any games to play except Killer Instinct Gold. for some reason, it was the game i wanted at the time (used Sabrewulf the most and got pretty good). couldnt get any more new games for a while so i had to rent them when i could. Pilotwings 64 is a good memory, Super Mario 64 and most definitely GoldenEye. that was the game. me and my friends would play multi-player all the time. i pre-ordered Ocarina of Time, got the gold cartridge and took the instruction booklet with me to classes to look through it when i could. Wave Race 64, F-Zero, Blast Corps, Command & Conquer, Body Harvest, Ogre Battle, Turok 1 & 2 and more i cant necessarily recall right now. but i guess my best memory is GoldenEye since i played that constantly and had good friends to play it with all the time. i remember always wanting an RPG for N64 too. i thought Quest 64 was a good game in the absence of anything else until Ogre Battle. i remember seeing games that were coming out in japan like wonder project and wishing someone would publish more games in the U.S.

WElcome the boards! We hope you enjoy your stay :) Please feel free to post up!

I am curious though... how did you get Killer Instinct Gold at launch?

I agree... there were games like Sin and Punishment that SHOULD HAVE made it to the US. I still dig the N64. I am not sure why so many people bash it... the system was very cool (IMO). COUNTLESS HOURS were spent playing that system in some of the most intense multiplayer games ever.

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
WElcome the boards! We hope you enjoy your stay Smiley Please feel free to post up!

thank you for the kind welcome :). ive been a game 'addict' for as long as i can remember.

Bluevoodu said:
I am curious though... how did you get Killer Instinct Gold at launch?

it was the first actual 64 game i owned. $200 (cost of the console w/out a game) was expensive so i was renting mario 64 or pilotwings until i could get KI. youre right, Killer Instinct Gold came out a few weeks after the N64 but i consider that whole time frame part of the launch i guess because everything was still so new.

Grandmaster said:
thank you for the kind welcome :). ive been a game 'addict' for as long as i can remember.

it was the first actual 64 game i owned. $200 (cost of the console w/out a game) was expensive so i was renting mario 64 or pilotwings until i could get KI. youre right, Killer Instinct Gold came out a few weeks after the N64 but i consider that whole time frame part of the launch i guess because everything was still so new.
That makes sense :) I was curious if in other areas they got Killer Instinct Gold before we did :lol

I mean... I had Mario 64 and Pilot Wings... then Wave Race came out. I believe Star Wars and Killer Instinct came after that. I know releases were slow the 1st 6 months of the Nintendo 64's life. Still... I really dug the system.

†B†V† :hat

I remember the good'ol days of Playing Perfect Dark with me mates with the Shotty'n'Cross-bow layout!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!

(I'm also fond of the time when I worked out how to command CPU's! LOLOLOL!!!)

Not to mention the fun of playing Mario Kart, and messing with the system so four players entered with only one controller!! :lol You can't do that anymore!