Recent Movies...

Joined Jun 2004
894 Posts | 0+
Louisville, KY U.S.A
Ok... I go to the movies quite a bit, and quite frankly I have been getting very upset with the last few I have seen. I mean I am VERY dissapointed in them. First it was the new Harry Potter movie, I wanted to see that movie so bad that I went to the midnight showing. While it wasn't all bad... I was taken aback by it and didn't enjoy it really. It is now my theory that the Harry Potter movie caused such a disturbace that a shockwave of badness was relesed and covered every other movie I was wanting to see. Such as Resident Evil (Oh my god was that movie bad). I havn't seen a good movie in so long, I'm just hopeing Sky Captian pulls through for me. Is anyone else like this?

Most US movie just SUCK, best movie i'ved seen had to be Shuan of the Dead and thats a UK movie. There mostly just movies made to turn a buck, i want to check out some b-movie/independent type films as a lot of people are saying there really good.

as for Resident Evil it wasn't bad just had Huge plot holes and things didn't seem to follow the story line and was directed as a action flick instead of the surrival horror film it is ment to be. oh wait that makes it a bad movie

I don't get why the Resident Evil movies weren't based on the games. I know they are loosely based, but resident Evil 2 or 3 would've made great movies.

The best movies I have seen lately:

Anchorman
Dodgeball
Bourne Supremacy

I also went to some movies that bombed, like The Village, and Collateral, but ya, overall I felt that I really had to weed out these three good ones from loads of terrible movies.

LinkTriforceGC said:
Ok... I go to the movies quite a bit, and quite frankly I have been getting very upset with the last few I have seen. I mean I am VERY dissapointed in them. First it was the new Harry Potter movie, I wanted to see that movie so bad that I went to the midnight showing. While it wasn't all bad... I was taken aback by it and didn't enjoy it really. It is now my theory that the Harry Potter movie caused such a disturbace that a shockwave of badness was relesed and covered every other movie I was wanting to see. Such as Resident Evil (Oh my god was that movie bad). I havn't seen a good movie in so long, I'm just hopeing Sky Captian pulls through for me. Is anyone else like this?

I bet your gonna get real upset when you see Sky Captain.

Ya, I think it looks like a neat idea, but once it gets cranked out through Hollywood, it's gonna be like all the rest...

I hardly go to the cinema these days cos there's just nothing that sparks my interest. Last movie I saw was Spiderman 2, so that tells you something.

I hardly go the movies as well, there are not very many decent movies to see these days. Plus it's expensive to go see a movie too. Soo over priced here in aus, no wonder so many people just download movies. And I don't think the movie industry is trying anymore, it's all crappy remakes or sequels that just did not need to be made. I.e wolf creek 2 the first one wasn't that good, why make a second. :mad:

Anyway, last movie I saw at the movies was x men days of future past, which was okay. :/

we don't go that often. we determine whether we want to see it on the big screen. it is always cheaper to purchase the dvd or blu ray disc. big thing that stops us now is our local theatre closed late last year . the nearest theatre is about a forty mile drive.
there is the local retro theatre that shows old movies on the weekend the last movie they screened was wizard of oz. :D

had to edit. i will not try this again on the vita.

A Million Ways to Die in the West (comedy starring Seth MacFarlane) is actually pretty good considering that it is a comedy and does not take itself too seriously.

It is the only recent I can think of that does not seem like a rehash or remake. It does, however, have a couple of interesting cameos.

Grindspine said:
A Million Ways to Die in the West (comedy starring Seth MacFarlane) is actually pretty good considering that it is a comedy and does not take itself too seriously.

It is the only recent I can think of that does not seem like a rehash or remake. It does, however, have a couple of interesting cameos.

Iv heard a lot of good things about that movie. Will have to see it. :)
I want to also see what that new transformers movie is like. Anyone seen it? :)

I saw Chef and it was pretty funny, and well made. I liked the way it integrated social media. Definitely very original.

Jeez, nice 10 year bump MissScythe. :lol

Spartan and I go to movies quite a bit. We need to see Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy, though.

From looking at the trailers, Guardians of the Galaxy looks like it might be good. They have already announced a 2nd one.

Thanks Mario :lol

I saw transformers age of extinction. Not the best movie. The last 3 were good but that last one. I wouldn't see it again. :?