TurboGrafx Does anyone here own a Turbo Express?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I do, and I must say that its still one of my favorite handhelds EVER because of the cool games on it.

You can play all the Turbo Grafx games on it (Hu-card that is) AND IN FACT, I got the Kisado coverter and PC Engine Hu-cards to work in it as well.

Anyone else a fan of this handheld?

†B†V† :hat

I wish. I wish I owned half the systems that existed...
As of now, I own Xbox, PS2, N64, NES. I sold my GB, GBPocket, GBColor, GBA.

systems that I own :lol

there has to be a thread around here... I think between 12-20

Did you ever see the Turbo Express? or ever play it?

Today, while poking around at the store, I stumbled upon the Express. And I have a few questions...
Does it have a large library of games?? By large I mean at least 20 or so games.
Is this thing a high quality hand held?? Is it worth the $175 asking price??
Are the games expensive??
Are the games easy to get??
I think it's cool looking. But at $175, it had better be worth it!!

yea.... I think it is worth it... If you are looking at the one in my shop, it is brand new.

contact me about it.... if you are interested :)

Game library wise, you can play AND turbo Grafx 16 HU-CARD game on it :)
There is a good # of games.

I have a 3rd party AC adaptor for it for cheap.... the system kills off batteries like nothing else.  Before the GBA SP came out.... I think the Turbo Express had the best color screen IMO.
It used to retail for $300-400

Bv :hat

I am interested, but it's a tough sell to my wife. She already is giving me grief about all my games. So I'll have to find a way to raise some coin to get it on my own.

yeah... I agree... it is a bunch of cash :)

It is a nice piece though... never before could you play console games on the go... then there was the turbo express :)

The Nomad (Sega's portable) is nice as well.... but for some reason, I favor the Turbo Express. They have some cool shooters and what not :)

Well, I'll probably at the latest get it around tax season. Unless I end up buying the Neo CD.
With moving and all right before the holiday season, the funds are a bit on the low side.

yeah... we can't wait to get our next tax refund either :lol

You know what stinks about a tax refund..... you do not make and interest off of it. I mean, the greater part of the year, the government is taking too much from you. When you get that money back, it is worth less than it used to be... THERE SHOULD BE INTEREST AS WELL :lol
Hey, they can penalize us for being late or not paying, why don't they give us interest for being late on repayment? :lol

You have now made me break out my Turbo Express :lol Woot! :woot The Turbo Grafx was a pretty cool system. You gotta love Aero Blasters, Splatterhouse, Bonk's, raiden (on of my favs for the system), and much more.

Bump...

I have had this handheld for years! My wife gave it to me as a gift one Christmas when Toys-R-Us locally was selling out of them! That has been a little while ago. I love Turbo Grafx 16 and this is the icing on the cake. Love their shooters and they play very well on this thing. At the time it came out, it sort-of reminded you of a Darth Vader GameBoy. :lol I believe it still holds its own, screen wise.