What did you have for dinner last night?

Status
Closed
We got some Hawaiian Pizzas at work. After 8.5 hours of running a carpet cleaner I had no problem downing a whole medium pizza :lol

nah, it doesn't bother me. If I really wanted to, I could go buy a nice meal, I'm just doing my best to save what money I have. And I know people who would buy me a meal every now and then, I just don't want to mooch of other people. I'm just trying to pull my own weight. Speaking of which, I'm losing weight again. X_X

ThravRande said:
nah, it doesn't bother me. If I really wanted to, I could go buy a nice meal, I'm just doing my best to save what money I have. And I know people who would buy me a meal every now and then, I just don't want to mooch of other people. I'm just trying to pull my own weight. Speaking of which, I'm losing weight again. X_X

Smart kid! But hey, treat yourself to a nice meal sometimes. You only live once!

I've got $200 and no job, and no support from my parents. I'm living with my grandfather, but he doesn't have a job either, so I hate eating his food. Just trying to make what I've got last as long as possible.

Is that Walmart hiring? Maybe you could score a job in the electronics dept.?

ThravRande said:
Won't hire anyone under 18. :/

Oh weak! Do you ever check craigslist? I know it's tough without proper transportation, but I always see listings for painters and construction guys who just need some general help and clean up on the job site.

x2 said:
We got some Hawaiian Pizzas at work. After 8.5 hours of running a carpet cleaner I had no problem downing a whole medium pizza :lol
I can imagine u eating a lot after doing all that work! Are u gonna write back to the email I sent u? I don't like pineapple on pizza tho. Greenmill Inn has best pizza in my opinion.

@ Thrav: I glad it doesn't bother u reading the stuff, and I think it's great u aren't a mooch. My husband has a job, but it does not quite cover all our bills. I cannot work here until I am a resident, but fortunately I have some savings from my divorce settlement still, so I have been using that for groceries and gas and stuff. So, right now I am in a lot better situation then u are for now, and it sucks u gotta be in that situation. Congrats on losing weight if that is a good thing...I assume its a good thing since most people wish they could lose weight. Tho losing from not eating is not really all that great, cuz ur metabolism slows down then :/

ThravRande said:
Won't hire anyone under 18. :/

Not the ideal job but mcdonalds usually hires people 14 and up and Hardees usually hires 17 year olds and stuff, so u might wanna check a place like that. I used to work at both those places as a teen. Lots of restaurants will hire underage people as dishwashers too

yeah, but all the fast food places are across the interstate. I'd hate to walk across it everyday for work, but I may have to.
And unfortunately, it's not a good thing. I was only 127, I'm 113 now. :/

Gelfwings said:
I can imagine u eating a lot after doing all that work! Are u gonna write back to the email I sent u? I don't like pineapple on pizza tho. Greenmill Inn has best pizza in my opinion.

@ Thrav: I glad it doesn't bother u reading the stuff, and I think it's great u aren't a mooch. My husband has a job, but it does not quite cover all our bills. I cannot work here until I am a resident, but fortunately I have some savings from my divorce settlement still, so I have been using that for groceries and gas and stuff. So, right now I am in a lot better situation then u are for now, and it sucks u gotta be in that situation. Congrats on losing weight if that is a good thing...I assume its a good thing since most people wish they could lose weight. Tho losing from not eating is not really all that great, cuz ur metabolism slows down then :/

Usually I am not big on Hawaiian pizza, but I was just starved. And of course I'm gonna write ya back :) I don't have much time right now because my stupid lawnmower is not starting and I'm gonna tinker with that for a while.

@ Thrav...oh, well, that really sucks. How tall are u? That sounds like a very unhealthy weight. :( My husband was skin and bones when I met him mostly from not eating at all, and he still weighed like 160 er 165...but he is like 6 ft tall and has very muscular thighs, so even tho he weighed more then u he still looked like a skeleton. I made him eat breakfast lunch and dinner every day tho now and he is 175 or more now. He still is very thin, but looks healthyish.

Crossing the interstate does sound like a not good on a regulatr basis idea. Isn't there any fast food places on ur side of the interstate?

@ x2, ok, buddy..I just keep checking my inbox waiting for stuff to be in it. lol. I know u gotta wait on me tons too tho, so its all good.

And I need a lawn mower. I trimmed what I could with an electric trimmer bit my cord did not reach far and my lawn is way over grown

Not sure, honestly. Tall for my age, though. I remember checking when I was looking into joining the airforce... But yeah, I'm supposed to eat a lot. It's hard for me to gain weight, actually. And this whole situation isn't helping.

AS far as this side of the interstate, within biking range there isn't anywhere hiring kids my age right now. I've looked almost everywhere. :/

ThravRande said:
Not sure, honestly. Tall for my age, though. I remember checking when I was looking into joining the airforce... But yeah, I'm supposed to eat a lot. It's hard for me to gain weight, actually. And this whole situation isn't helping.

AS far as this side of the interstate, within biking range there isn't anywhere hiring kids my age right now. I've looked almost everywhere. :/

That sucks :( I guess ur stuck with ramen for awhile longer. When do u turn 18? how old r u now?

Turned 17 on August 26th. I've got a year to go. But I'm considering joining the military if things don't start looking up in the next few months.

ThravRande said:
Turned 17 on August 26th. I've got a year to go. But I'm considering joining the military if things don't start looking up in the next few months.

I don't know whast other options u have, but joining the military sounds like a pretty harsh option :/

Well, I'm actually aiming for Air Force. I just have to get 15 college credits first, and i dont know if I'll have the money to take it, been looking into student loans and stuff, just unsure what to do atm.
My youth minister brought me Arby's last night. It was like, the best thing ever. :D

ThravRande said:
Well, I'm actually aiming for Air Force. I just have to get 15 college credits first, and i dont know if I'll have the money to take it, been looking into student loans and stuff, just unsure what to do atm.
My youth minister brought me Arby's last night. It was like, the best thing ever. :D

Ah, I am so glad u got to have Arbys. :) What did u eat there?

Status
Closed