N64 RPGs??

SpartanEvolved said:
Not a whole lot. Oh yes, in my 2 playthroughs (dark and light) not one serious bug or glitch and no crashes. My friend has played through it 6 or 7 times and he hasn't had problems with it either. Both of these are Xbox version mind you. I'm sure if KotOR was on the Gamecube though it would be "on par" with the PC version...

Oh yeah. If KOTOR were on Gamecube it would even supercede the PC version probably. In fact, I would highly bet that if it had come to a Nintendo console instead, Iwata would have put Reggie in an F64 Ninny Bomber and sent him to the Bioware headquarters were he would have parachuted in just to make sure that Mario is a playable Jedi and Bowser a sith. On top of that, who could forget that he would also deliver the key to undeniable graphical power which, as stated, would supercede the PC version. This isn't even taking into account the unlockable powers like "I'm a jerk" and "I make baseless assessments" downloadable upon preorder to the Mario GPS PDA!

not many good RPG's exsist on the xbox that aren't also available for the PC

example of this are the bioware games, fable, and the morrowind games

But, they are still there. My friends all prefer console games to PC games, with one or two exceptions. So they still have the option to play them their own preferred way.

Wow, that went off topic rather quickly. :-\

But honestly, the only N64 rpg that comes to mind is Paper Mario.

N64 RPG's

· Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
· Hybrid Heaven
· Quest 64
· Paper Mario
· ShadowGate 64

Xbox

· Black Stone: Magic and Steel
· Jockey's Road
· Metal Dungeon
· Otogi: Myth of Demons
· Sudeki
· Thousand Land
· Fate of Ages
· Roots
· Arx Fatalis
· Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
· The Bard's Tale
· Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes
· Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
· Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition
· Fable
· Gladius
· Jade Empire
· The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
· Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
· Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
· X-Men Legends

Paper Mario, Super Mario 64 is good, Quest 64 is okay, Turok 1,2&3 are good, doom is okay, Zelda Ocarana of Time and Zelda Majoras mask are both good....so yeah

Sartori said:
KOTOR is nothing more than a modified Infinity Engine game.
There's no way Satori and I would ever get along. :lol

Even though he's still banned, I feel it is my duty as the biggest BioWare fan around here to respond to this. The Infinity Engine created some of the best RPG's in the history of gaming. It single-handedly supported the cRPG market for 3 years. I don't understand why there is a problem with the Odyssey Engine (Kotor engine) being reminiscent of that.

Not only that, but the Odyssey Engine is a modified version of the Aurora Engine, not the Infinity Engine. Both merely bare similarities to the Infinity Engine. I'm not even sure in the slightest what the hell your point was here, as there really isn't any problem with a company basing a new engine off its previous one, but I felt it necessary to get rid of some misconceptions there.

Now, to keep this remotely on topic, I can't think of a single N64 RPG other than Paper Mario. Coincidentally, I just started another playthrough of that last week. I'm already up to Shy Guy's Toy Box. :D

VGal said:
Paper Mario, Super Mario 64 is good, Quest 64 is okay, Turok 1,2&3 are good, doom is okay, Zelda Ocarana of Time and Zelda Majoras mask are both good....so yeah
'Cept you only named two RPG's.

Been getting into Hybrid Heaven lately, though the 3D controls are kinda clunky, which is pretty common with 3rd party N64 games.

Anyone ever seen the pics from the prototype 64 version of FFVII? Those pics make me cry at night. lol.

There never was a prototype FFVII for the N64, Square didn't want to use it because the cartridges were smaller than discs.