Panasonic 3DO Panasonic 3DO fans? anywhere?

Joined Jul 2004
976 Posts | 1+
USA
I guess this is the place to post this...

I'm a big fan of the 3DO, and I thinks its odd theres no topics or even a whole section devoted to this wonderful console. I own 2 3DO systems, a multitude of accessories, and around 50 or more games.

Its really a great system that people don't seem to talk about much anymore.

Is there no 3DO love here??

well... maybe we can get a section devoted to it.... we used to at one time in the Game Addict's history... but well... no one posted :lol

so you are a pretty big fan of it?

All I know is about this time last year, the 3D0 market fell out. I am talking games that I used to sell @ $20, only $2-5 anymore :(

†B†V† :hat

WHAT exactly is good for that system? I use to own one, and I can only remember maybe 3 games that I like. Wait...was there not a Sherlock Holmes? That was good too.

I really loved the system, I think thers tons of good games for it. But I know alot of people don't like it for some reason...it was pre-ps1, so its not the greatest graphics in the world..but great games still.

I liked the Jaguar, but not the 3D0... I never saw a game I liked on it.  The Jaguar..... I like that because it has Tempest 2000 (the BEST console version of it out there), Iron Soldier, Alien Vs Predator...etc

I just never got into the 3D0... probably because of its release price?
How is the power of that system compared to the Saturn and Psx?

Its closer to Saturn in performance than PSX. It was out before either system I believe..I'm pretty sure it was the first true 32 bit system. Most of the 3D graphics are close to the saturn, prehaps a little better, and somewhat on par with the PSX. It did full motion video better than the Saturn however. And 2D graphics were pretty much identical to both Saturn and PSX.

I use to love my 3DO.  That was all my friends and I played back in 1994 - 1996.  I had a New one a few years ago again and wish I did not sell it.

i remember back in 4th grade i was in my freinds basement and we were playing that old thing. he got so mad at the jurassic park game that he stood up and kicked it! it seemed like a cool system, if a bit large

If I remember, the only thing annoying was hooking all the controllers to each other like a daisy-link. But we played FIFA a lot with the cheat codes back then.

neogeofl said:
If I remember, the only thing annoying was hooking all the controllers to each other like a daisy-link.
Definitely not the best design for 2 player :lol

you get ticked off and easily unplug the other persons controller :)

Sadly, I ALMOST had one, it was the FZ-10 model with Gex. Yet that week, in 1995 (About summer time) the Sega Saturn dropped price to $179.99 and I took the unopened system back :-[ LOL