Neo Geo CD crossed swords US.. I found something odd

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Ok... well... up in my shop I have a crossed swords US... very very RARE and hard as heck to find.

anyway... I was updating the neogeocd.net masterlist:
http://www.egameaddiction.com/neogeocd/masterlist.html
and I noticed the # on the back of the manual and on the CD is ADCD #002E while the disc is #002.  I heard a rumor that some of the earlier editions of games DID in fact have Japanese discs released with them.

Another odd finding..... is that this is an SNK / ADK game.  WHILE the Japanese Crossed swords has ADK on the front left top side of the manual above the neogeocd logo, the US version has SNK. Does anyone else find that to be odd, or am I the only one?

cool find though... HARD to find.  This is the 1st one ONLY Crossed Swords US I have ever had my hands on or seen. There is a slight bummer.... as there is no spine card :(

BV :hat

That is a great find indeed and equally odd. I have never played Crossed Swords on CD though I hear it is pretty good on AES. I will probably pick it up for the AES at some point.

well... I guess the manual issue is not so odd... World Heroes 2 US has it as well.... but never-the-less..... Crossed Swords US is a RARITY indeed.

†B†V† :hat

Thats interesting. So are you suggesting that they simply packaged a Japanese CD in a US package? Thats my first thought...

And yeah its a great game, the sequel is even better.