Neo Geo CD Are You Still Spending Time On Your Neo Geo CD?!

Are you still spending time on your NGCD?

• Still playing and loving it, or I am a NGCD newbie owner and the passion is hot!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Not play as much as I want, school, work, or life in general interupting.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Sold mine and moved on.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Involved too much with the next genration of gaming, XBox 360, Wii, PS3.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Don't have one, wishing I did.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I'm involved in playing my AES more.

• I'm involved in playing my MVS more.

• The fire of passion is out, lost interest, it's in my closet.

• Mine died on me and I haven't had the jingle to replace it.

• Other- please post.

• Total voters
Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
I see that there are a few people still reading posts here, but no one seems to be involved. I was just curious as to why there doesn't seem to be the interest that there once was around the NGCD. Or maybe a lot of people who own a NGCD don't know that this forum exists. Maybe there are NGCD owners out there that have been involved in this forum in the past, but because there is nothing new here, they are not interested any more in posting. They don't feel like rehashing old subjects with newbies. But they may still have the passion.

I have a passion for retro gaming. It is so much that I haven't entered the next generation of gaming. I don't own a Wii, PS3, or an XBox 360. At times I don't even realize what games are out there, that are new, until I visit a Video Game store. I have my head and passion in the past when it comes to gaming.

Having played some of the Neo Geo games in the arcade many years ago, it is a thrill to finally be able to own something like the NGCD. We don't have an arcade in the town where I live any more. When visiting near by towns that have arcades, I always look far a Neo Geo stand up cab. I usually find one or two in the far back of the arcade.

There was an in door flea market local about a year ago. They had a little area for, I take it for the kids, entertainment while the parents shopped the booths. They had some arcade cabinets in there. One was "eightman."

Re: Who is still Playing the NGCD in 2008?!

I wish I had more time and I would play them more.

I miss playing the Neo. I remember playing Samurai Shodown back in 1991 in the arcade... I couldn't believe what I was playing. I went to walmart (yes, walmart of all places had a Samurai Shodown dedicated MVS machine) and would play that game for awhile. That is the only reason I went to Walmart actually.

Walmart back in the day wasn't too bad... it was nicer and cleaner. They also held a couple gaming competitions. That is where I won the Starfox Weekend contest (original Starfox)... and won the Starfox Bomber Jacket.

I haven't seen any official contests around here for years... and sorry for the tangent :)

Anyway, I used to play King of the Monsters 2 in the arcade as well... along with Super Spy, World Heroes 2 Jet, and MANY other arcade games... then I finally bought a Neo Geo AES US Gold system new from Chips n Bits.

†B†V† :hat

I havent played in a while. I guess I am afraid of starting it up one day, and have it stop working.

I'm just the opposite. I play like there is no tomorrow for my systems. I had my NG CD out this weekend playing through (tried to play through) some games. Got knee deep into games like, East of Eden, Samurai Spirits 2, and Last Resort.

It got me to wanting to go back into time and relive some of those years in gaming. Miss those days. There was just something about the atmosphere back then. :)

Kanji said:
I havent played in a while. I guess I am afraid of starting it up one day, and have it stop working.
better to play it till it does than to worry about that :) I mean, at least that way you did something with it!

and I agree with Retro... there was something about back then.

To be honest yeah, I am a newbie to Neo Geo CD , but I cant imagine putting it down anytime soon.

Example...I have spent more time w/ my Dreamcast (probably 5 to 1) compared to my 360 or PS3. Don't even get me started on my Wii...its just around to collect dust lately.

But I play about an hour a day (any more and the gf would have my head haha)

i am in the same boat. i'm definitely new to the neo-geo home console stuff, but i'm not new to snk or the games because i used to play them in the arcades.

i dont own any of the new consoles currently on the market, ps3, 360 or wii. i dont find them very appealing and there are very few games that even catch my interest. i mostly play my dreamcast, saturn & gamecube. and now my neo geo! :)

haha yeah tell me about it....my older consoles (3do / dreamcast / neo geo) get alot more time then my 360/wii/ps3

but 360 does have netflix streaming, so it is always on...just not gamed much

and SSFTHD gets alot of time as well

I find the experience of retro gaming immersing. It is like sinking into a lake of goo. The Neo Geo CD is only a part of that whole experience. The more you play, the more the addiction grows. 2D hand drawn sprites, yeah that is what it takes to fill my cravings. I have found myself lost in the world of retro gaming oblivious to the present world of video gaming.

Been enjoying my NGCD this weekend. Hey, I think that goo just covered my head. :lol 2009 looks to be a great year to be a retro gamer. So much to play, so little time. :lol

Finished Top Hunter yesterday , so that was about an hour or so of gaming.

Also have a AES system w/ KOF 2002 on the way.

Im having a bit of an issue w/ the AES shipping. I bought from a reputable person on the neo-geo forums w/ excellent feedback and over 2.5 years on the boards (and digitpress.com as well) , yet after paying $5 extra to get tracking, all I have is 'insurance tracking' from USPS, which I cant lookup online, and a very slow to email me back seller.

So this upcoming week I will either have a new AES system, or be filing a claim w/ Paypal! haha

im hoping its the AES

I would love to have an AES. It's just a little too big for my pockets. :(

yeah, its not inexpensive. good think my gf doesnt know how much it costs lol

After checking the buyer out more and more, I am confident I will get my system. He is just a bit 'odd', but aparently is on neo-geo.com , digitpress.com , ebay , and a gi joe trading forum, all w/ no bad feedback

guy just kinda sucks at emailing back

maybe when the aes shows up ill do some pictures of my collection and put them up for fun

yea, i like looking at collections, so post up! ;)

glad to hear you found one. didnt take you very long either. sure the home cart system has a big budget price tag, but the nice thing about it is that the games retain their original value and maybe even go up over the years, but at the very least retain value. so if there comes a time to sell something for whatever reasons, you can always get your money back or something close.

yeah as long as the seller isnt pulling something, I found a nice system w/ av outs and the unibios. Ordered KOF 2002 new as well, which should be here thursday.

Ill def. do some photos up once the AES is here. Saddest part is when you get to see my ps3 and 360 hooked up to a 20 some odd inch 4x3 tv from 10 years ago

i cannot convince my gf to get a plasma, as much as I ask. I want plasma, she wants vacation. Time to play the market to make more money

the market that sells lotto tickets that is

Sounds like the real question is who is playing the Neo Geo CD in 2009 :eek:

The thread probably needs to be renamed, "Who is still playing their NGCD?"

:lol maybe that is true.

I haven't played my Neo Geo CD in 2009 yet.

HOW ABOUT... Do you or anyone you know still play the Neo Geo CD?

:lol

I have been playing mine in 2009!! I played Samurai 3 the other day for a while.

To be the ugly duckling of the series, 3 sure does have a certain charm to it. Although the 2nd installment is a work of art, and I fell in love with the first as a wee lad, I think the third never gets its due. I appreciate the darker aesthetic, and I absolutely LOVE the soundtrack(although a Samurai with a bad soundtrack does not exist). Sure, 4 expanded on it and improved many of its faults, but 3 is a perfectly legitimate game on its own.

Speaking of games from 1993 that I fell in love with, I really need to drag out Fatal Fury Special sometime soon. . .

I bought my 2nd (the first was broken and had to go back) in 2005 and hardly played it due to only owning 3 games. Following my purchase I went traveling for 6 months and then went to Uni for 3 years. During that time I considered selling it but 2 days ago I had the urge to play it and have became hooked to Samurai Spirits 2 (better late then never!). So happy I didn't get rid of the system.

Owning a NEO is something I've always wanted to do as the games are great and the system is so obscure when compared to other mainstream consoles.

Samurai Spirits 2 has ended up being my favorite of the series. Everything just seems right about it. Love the way they mumble, have no idea what is being said, it just causes me to chuckle. :lol