Neo Geo CD How many of you all like Double Dragon?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
This is DEFINITELY one of those overlooked games.

ITs one of my favorite fighters on the Neo CD (or Neo systems... ) period.

Does anyone else like this game? If so, what do you like about it?

I like how the fighting is fast paced.... there are little loads, but the graphics are still nice. Its just a fun fighter all around.

†B†V† :hat

Its decent..but nothing special really in my opinion. It has pretty good speed/response time, but not many combos, and the graphics are kinda stale I think.

Its not the worse...not sure what is though...but not the best by a long shot. But for the price (I believe its still a cheapy) Its worth it if you need a fighting game fix.

I played this game for a little bit today..and its honestly better than I remembered. Its pretty cool the way you power up and your guys clothes change and the special moves get enhanced.

The graphics are actually better than what I remembered too honestly. The game is well worth the price it goes for in your shop definatly.

Dr_Ackula said:
I played this game for a little bit today..and its honestly better than I remembered. Its pretty cool the way you power up and your guys clothes change and the special moves get enhanced.

The graphics are actually better than what I remembered too honestly. The game is well worth the price it goes for in your shop definatly.

That is exactly what I found the second time I played it last year.

Its really a good title..... especially for $15 new that I sell them for (regardless)...... I would have paid $25 a few years back :)

so you like it better now?

Bluevoodu said:
That is exactly what I found the second time I played it last year.

Its really a good title..... especially for $15 new that I sell them for (regardless)...... I would have paid $25 a few years back :)

so you like it better now?

I do...I actually need to pick this game up from you some time, I only have a CDR version of it, which just isn't as cool, as it dies halfway through the game.

Darn bootlegs :mad:

:lol its well worth the cheap price it is.

I take it that many people don't like or care about this game?

BV :hat

trkorecky said:
I have Double Dragon II for the NES, and it's great. Short, but great.

This is a fighting game we're talking about, based loosely on the characters from the double dragon movie.

I've played it briefly on an emulator (I use emulators as my "rental service" to try NGCD games to decide if I wanna buy em) not enough to formulate an opinion, but I'll probably pick it up because it's cheap and I dig the Double Dragon series

I don't.... unfortunately.

I think Dr.ackula did..... I think... but he hasn't been able to come around due to online circumstances.

for me it's juste an average game but the Neo Geo CD have a lot good fighting game