Neo Geo CD What is the WORST NGCD game?

Joined Jul 2004
976 Posts | 1+
USA
Post up what you guys think are the worst, most aweful game on the NGCD system...

I'm not counting the non-english quiz or mahjong games...or the "demo" games like NeoGeo CD Special and ADK World.

But for me personaly I think its a tie between Burning Fight and Mutation Nation.

Hard for me to pick a "worst" one, since everything I've bought on NGCD has been something that I played either in the arcades or on an emulator, so I'm avoiding the crappers as best I can :)

what about power spikes 2?

although, I do know some people like the game.

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
what about power spikes 2?

although, I do know some people like the game.

Thats a pretty poor game as well, it slipped my mind hehe

Art of Fighting for the Neogeo CD. Not only does the gameplay suck, but you have to wait for it...*shivers*

winter said:
Art of Fighting for the Neogeo CD. Not only does the gameplay suck, but you have to wait for it...*shivers*
AOF has load times?

I thought they were minimal?

winter said:

The game actually has very deep gameplay honestly...you just have to take a good bit of time to learn it all. I remember when the game first came out on SNES me and my friend would stay up for days on end playing it and figuring out everyones super desperation move, and making charts on notebook paper with how much damage each move would do hehe. Its a pretty slick fighting game for its time...you should give it more of a chance.

As for loading times it only has an initial load of around 29 seconds, and 7 seconds between fights....thats pretty darn good I think. (I just gave it a test run to see for sure heh).

Sorry, I meant Art of Fighting 3. For some strange reason, in my head, I thought you guys would somehow know that I was talking about AOF 3. I have absolutely no idea why I thought that way. Aren't you both psychic?

But yea...I know Dr_Ackula loves AOF. I was being kinda a brat. But I did not like AOF3 on the Neogeo CD. It felt very hard to control.

But maybe your right. I might just need to give it a chance.

winter said:
Sorry, I meant Art of Fighting 3. For some strange reason, in my head, I thought you guys would somehow know that I was talking about AOF 3. I have absolutely no idea why I thought that way. Aren't you both psychic?

But yea...I know Dr_Ackula loves AOF. I was being kinda a brat. But I did not like AOF3 on the Neogeo CD. It felt very hard to control.

But maybe your right. I might just need to give it a chance.

ooohh... now I love Art of Fighting 3 on the Neo CD.

I am not sure why people didn't, but I simply love that Neo CD :)

I don't know...it just felt clunky to me, and I could not understand the controls. Maybe...just maybe...if I played the cart version I would feel different.:)

Oh wow. Now I'm even more disturbed than before lol :lol
Art of Fighting 3 is one of my all time fav's. I think it controls wonderfully, so smooth and fluidic. Great link-combo system..excellent graphics...wow..I dunno what to say about that...I just love the game hehe.

After going through my NGCD collection and playing all the games today, I realize that the worst game on NGCD is in fact....drum roll please.....

Riding Hero!

This game is plain aweful! I don't know how I forgot about this one..but this wins the prize in my book, terrible graphics, horrid controls, and just plain old boring gameplay.

I must be the only one that likes Riding hero on neo geo oh and i like burning fight as well. anyway worst game on neo cd for me has to be ninja combat infact this has got to be the worst neo geo game ever!

I used to play Ninja Combat in the arcades a lot when I was a youngin. Now playing it on an emulator, I realize it's not so special. I may try to pick it up cheap someday just to recollect my childhood :)

madyorkie said:
anyway worst game on neo cd for me has to be ninja combat infact this has got to be the worst neo geo game ever!

WRONG! lol the worst Neo-Geo game ever award goes to Legend of Success Joe...trust me on this one lol :lol

After reading that Dr-ackula i went scounting and found the rom on an obscure russian site and tried it on neorageX, Thats got to be the worst game ever created and not just on the neo geo either. Obviously back then there was no quality control on what passed as video game entertainment .Mind you bet it goes for a fortune on AES i would imagine its that rare cos its that crap!

League Bowling, maybe?

It's such a small game for a Neo Geo CD (or Neo Geo cart). It's the runt of the bunch.

Not that it's not fun to play, it's just under weight.

:'( people who dislike Legend of Success Joe sadden me... It was the best version of that game on the Neo. and you might like it more if you watched the japanese anime that the game is based off of. I know its not SVC or something, but damn it was still a good game to sit down and enjoy on my neo geo. It was a ton more fun to play (and learn all of the controls, and beat the hell out of) that game than any fun I ever got out of my Diggerman, or Gururin carts.... and if it was on the Neo CD it still wouldnt be the worst game of all....no way... anyone ever play any of Neo's Mahjong titles? I would rather play a so-so boxing game on the neo over any mahjong game anytime anywhere...or even NGCD Special or ADK World? (I will admit the graphics are limited on this game, but look at the one on the SNES and be proud of the one on the neo!) the Neo's version fit the theme of the anime' better ,has street fighting stages mixed in with the boxing ring stages, SNES version has only Boxing ring stages... plus if I remember correctly the SNES version doesnt even have a tiny storyline that the neo version has. Perhaps Im the only one in the world who took intrest in Legend of Ashitano Joe. I have it on MVS and had it on AES, and will have it on AES one day again soon. :)