Neo Geo CD Super Sidekicks?

Joined Sep 2004
151 Posts | 0+
What is the general consensus on this series? Is SS2 or SS3 considerably better or worse than each other? Is Soccer Brawl a good alternative? I would kinda like to pick up a soccer game for NGCD, but which one is the best?

ok... I don't like the game at all.

I was dying to play some soccer on the Neo because I figured it would be better than any Snes soccer game (as I liked a few of the soccer games on the Snes).... and well.... it just didn't go with my liking.
BUT there are people that do like this game... so my opinion is only 1 of the crowd.

Soccer Brawl, I am not sure. I have a used one... I should pop it in the Neo CD and play it :lol

†B†V† :hat

I've actually had fun with the SS3 game. I can tell you it is much better than soccer brawl in my opinion. SS3 and SS2 are pretty similar though, not too many differences that I noticed, I'd say go with the newer one though, SS3.

Y'know, I tried both these games on MAME, and is there really ANY differences between them besides somewhat different graphics? I sure as heck can't find any.

You cant go wrong with both.

As has been stated here before, they are both quite similar. 3 has better victory / goal screens, and very cool loading screens....(guy looking at his watch - was SNK poking fun at their own system?)

Has anybody here ever beat this game completely? It is too hard for me. I usually only get to the 3rd or 4th game in the tournament.

Kanji said:
Has anybody here ever beat this game completely? It is too hard for me. I usually only get to the 3rd or 4th game in the tournament.

I haven't....I'm not much for sports games..the only one I truely rock at is Baseball Stars :lol