Neo Geo CD New member to this site...

Joined Jul 2008
9 Posts | 0+
My name is fred and i have been a dedicated Atari Jaguar fan for years.....I have also released a couple of games to the Jaguar community...I just started to get into the NEO GEO and i think its a great system, with some of the best fighting games out there. I am currently trying to purchase a NEO GEO CD unit so i can start collecting these awesome games....I have looked on ebay/craiglist and local used video game shops with no luck....I live on Long Island, NY, work as a I.T. Director for a large Advertising agency...

If anyone could help me out locating a NEO GEO that would be much appreciated....
ALso i have a couple of questions regarding the cd-unit. It uses a standard cd-r's correct? can i actually burn backup copies of my games and play it on the NEO GEO CD unit?

Well hello to everyone....

Fred

Glad you have an interest in the Neo Geo CD fred. It is a system that is loads of fun with the titles that are available for it. I would suggest looking on eBay to locate one.

As for the back up burn copies, I cannot help you there. I use only the originals of the games and do not personally endorse using back ups.

Nice to see another face around here! If you are a fan of the Jaguar, then I think you will enjoy most of the games that the Neo has to offer.

As far as the CD's ability to play CD-R's, I am not sure. Like Retro, I personally do not use them as they do not accrue value. Plus, I enjoy having the original manuals, artwork, etc.
I know that CD-R's exist of Ironclad, which is an extremely rare CD-exclusive title. A member of the Neo-Geo.com forums has been working on a fan-translation of Samurai Shodown RPG that I assume would work in a similar fashion.

Either way, welcome to the fold! As fond as people are of eBay-bashing, it is probably the best place to land a decent CD console packaged with a few games. I got my console with 28 games from eBay for a very reasonable price.

welcome to the site! It is good to see more activity again in the neogeocd.net section.

Please stay awhile and we hope to see you back.

On the flip side, if we keep getting more people and the conversations up, I think we could get the Neogeocd.net section active again. We took a bit hit a few years back when everyone started getting out of the Neo (around the time of the last AES release)... and honestly, people started selling off their Neo CD stock as well.

As for Neo CD's and CD-r's... in the past, it was said that some people DID have trouble with their Neo CD units after using CD-R's for a prolonged period of time (not in 1 setting, but constant use over time). Whether this is true and attributable to the Neo Geo CD system, I am not 100% sure ... and I don't think others are 100% sure as well.

Hope to see you around :) and I hope all of you (and more that will join) can help make the neogeocd.net section active again :)

†B†V† :hat