Tales of Symphonia

Joined Jun 2004
283 Posts | 0+
Gainesville, FL
This is probably one of the best RPG's I have ever played, period. It excels in every category. I have rarely played an RPG like that! Definitely pick this one up while it still exists. It is defintely a diamond among the rough...for any console.

I've heard from people that's it an excellent game, but reviews have given it only "decent" scores like 7 out of 10. Of course I trust the people as I have a distrust of most review sites.

I can't wait to play this once i've gotten a couple of games out the way. This and Starocean 3 are on my xmas list. :D

Tales of Symphonia will be the first RPG that I'll have bought. I'm hoping it'll impress me enough to explore the genre. If it does, Baten Kaitos is definitely next. :p

winter said:
This is probably one of the best RPG's I have ever played, period. It excels in every category. I have rarely played an RPG like that! Definitely pick this one up while it still exists. It is defintely a diamond among the rough...for any console.

I totally agree. I'm still working on a review of it, but it's definitely around a 9.8 in my book.

I generally do not play RPG's because they bore me with the battle/ search/ battle/ search engine. But this game is like no RPG I have ever played...well...it is, but it is not.heh.

The storyline is incredible...the battles are fast and fully active so you never get bored. It is more like an action/rpg. The characters and voice acting are superb and the graphics excel more than anything I have seen thus far.

It is...amazing.

I skipped it too due to the reviews, but I have to say in this case they must be insane. This game is a full 10 in my book, and probably the best RPG on any system to date.

I hate to cross over topics like this, but just to prove that reviewrs don't know jack, the official IGN reviewer gave the game an 8.5/10 but the reader score was considerably higher with a 9.3/10. From what both of you have said about that game, it seems the readers were right (or at least less wrong than th reviewer).

winter said:
The characters and voice acting are superb and the graphics excel more than anything I have seen thus far.

Yeah, I'm still not sure how people complained about the voice-acting in Tales. I thought it was excellent, especially for Raine and Zelos.

Most of them were probably complaining about Colette. About 95% of GFaq's memebers who have the game hate everything about her.

Jennifer Hale has a very sexy! voice for Sheena on Tales of Symphonia
for the Gamecube. I want it to have another adventure that continues
after Tales of Symphonia on their next adventure. :woot 8)

me and some friends started a game and play it with the multiplayer. its really fun to have everyone able to take part in the battles plus everyone starts to grow attached to the charecter they play as.

im also impressed with the story becouse it keeps throwing new elements. its like other rpgs have tried the same ideas but never have they blended like tales of symphonia has.
excelent game. gamecube owners should be proud.

People raved about this game while reviewers like it but wasn't fanatical. I remember loving the game.

With that said, I just started playing Tales of Symphonia again it doesn't seem to have aged as well as I'd assumed. I just completed the first temple and I could put it down without playing it again. At this point Grandia 2 is more fun.

I remember starting that game but I don't know what distracted me from finishing. I just got part way through it.

I think the combat is too button mashy for me. Don't get me wrong I love Dynasty Warriors but there's at least some strategy to it as far as how you handle the hoards of attackers. Symphonia seems to just let you spam attack after attack and just charge through however you please. The boss battles are a little different and take a bit of strategy but overall I'm not nearly as excited about this game as I was when it first came out on the cube.