Neo Geo CD Favorite Neo CD soundtrack

Joined Jul 2004
976 Posts | 1+
USA
I was just listening to a few mixes of Athena's Psycho Soldier theme, and got to wondering if I'm the only lamo here thats into Neo music.

Post up your favorites here, Mine would have to be KoF 96 OST, Samurai Spirits 4 OST, and Real Bout Special OST.

I guess I'm the only nerd here that listens to video game music lmao!

...man we need more people posting here...badly

well you know what.... I never did really listen to the sound tracks.

I did listen to the cd's a few times on the Neo CD.... but I never did buy other soundtracks.

I know many people that do for other games :)

I do listen to the Quake 2 soundtrack a lot :D
About more people... :lol yeah, I know what you are saying. But hey... within time man :)

†B†V† :hat

If memory serves me right...didn't NIN do the music on Quake 2? If its the one I'm thinking about it does have some kool music from what I remember.

Are the OST tracks the same that you get when you listen to a NGCD in, say, a car stereo?

If the answer is yes, then KOF96 and KOF98 are great!

Had Garou MOTW been released on CD, though........

Rainman said:
Are the OST tracks the same that you get when you listen to a NGCD in, say, a car stereo?

If the answer is yes, then KOF96 and KOF98 are great!

Had Garou MOTW been released on CD, though........

Yeah pretty much...you can get offical soundtrack cd's though as well..with different remixes and such..very cool stuff.

I love Neo CD music , my favorite ones are: Ninja Masters (my favorite game), Last Resort, RBS, KOF94-99, Sam 4, Aero Fighters 2 (Hey, its sonic jungle!), Pulstar (allthough repetitive in nature, cool for R-Type), Top Hunter, well and a ton more ... lol I love the cds that have remastered sound. Now as for crap conversions like Magician Lord, where they took the cart music, and left out *some music sound fx, and copied it over to cd....thats just such a tragedy..... Viewpoint for another example....wowsers.... I had to remaster that soundtrack all the way through.... The master cd of that game has pops and crap that can be heard on the music tracks, (like the end boss music)... :(

those are not too bad :)

I like the Samurai Shodown 1, 2, and 3 sound tracks. The Pulstar soundtrack is decent. Metal Slug.... those are just the classics.... and you know that song from ANYWHERE when you hear it.

I like the Metal Slug Soundtrack :)

BV :hat

I really like the sound in Last Resort. It's not so cheerful and therefore perfectly suited to the game.

Also, I think the Game Over tune in LR is geniusly fantastic. I have heard it quite a lot :). It really captures the desperationof humanity, and it makes me want to play some more, instead of getting some sleep.

drombat