Neo Geo CD neo geo cd or aes

Joined Dec 2004
20 Posts | 0+
are the games as good on cd as the aes?Is the aes worth the price?

I think if you're infinitely rich and can afford to buy the carts for the AES, then it's a safe bet.

That being said, for us "normal" people, the NGCD makes a fine alternative. The loading times for most games aren't that bad, with the exception of KOF 99 and the Last Blade games. You won't be able to play the newer games (KOF 2000+, Metal Slug 3+, SvC Chaos, Mark of the Wolves, etc) BUT if you have other consoles, you can get the newer games for them.

sugar said:
are the games as good on cd as the aes?Is the aes worth the price?

Most of the time the answer is a YES. It depends greatly on how you as a person view perfection. If your an anal collector type then the CD is prolly not for you..if you just want to play the games..go for CD.

The games are pretty much the same on NGCD as on AES, except for a few differences.

(1) CD has far greater sound, including completely remixed soundtracks alot of the time.

(2) CD has loading times...these can be slightly noticible...to downright annoying with later games such as Last Blade 2 and KOF 99.

(3) A few CD games have slight animation cuts and/or smaller sprites. To date the only one I can actually look at and tell a difference in, is Art of Fighting 3..which does indeed have smaller sprites on the CD version.

So to answer your question...yes the games are just as good on CD as AES, only you have to wait a tad bit longer to play them ...as they have loading times. The chances you will ever notice any animation cuts is very slim.

I own both a CD system and an AES, and I can promise you that the CD system is a great alternative to the AES as long as you want to play older games only. If your wanting to play a Garou, Metal Slug 5, or KOF2003 ..ect....then you better just shell out the cash for an AES.

Also wanted to add that for the price of an AES mega modded (with S-vid...which is standard on Neo CD) and say...four games...you could get a mint Neo CD system with about 10-12 games....you do the math, and decide whats best for you.