Neo Geo CD How can we get old members back, and attract new ones?

go_left makes many valid points really. Most people just getting into Neo-Geo do see the CD system as a cheap way in. And MVS is getting insanely inexpensive...I myself just bought a consolized 1 slot last night...

But I still have an AES, and a NGCD system..and do not plan on that changing. The CD system has many strong points in comparison to AES/MVS..including the amazing sound quality, re-mixed/arranged soundtracks, CD exclusive titles, the best S-vid picture of any Neo system, and the price is still quite good.

I myself plan on buying or trading for a CDZ as soon as I find one for the right price, and I don't see myself leaving the NGCD scene..like I said theres many reasons to have a NGCD..and its an important part of SNK history.

Maybe I'm just nuts..but thats the way I see it. Many times I'll pop in my KOF 96 CD instead of my AES cart...all because of the music!

oh..and on a sidenote...a group meeeting/convention type thing would rock..but it would be hard because of the traveling distances.

I got to this site from ackulas' sig on the Neo-geo.com forums just now. I don't have any neo hardware but hope to someday, because in recent years I've been trying to salvage my collection of classic systems and hopefully add a Neo to it. I fell in love with the Dreamcast KOF's and then did some research online about the Neo and totally got into the whole scene, I really wish I could of been apart of it during the 90s :(.

I even glanced upon some Neo CD systems on Ebay but never went through with it, I think it would be great to have one but I would probubly start with a MVS. Well I don't know how much this helps you guys efforts but who knows maybe I'll end up with a neoCD sometime.

KzerXtreme said:
I got to this site from ackulas' sig on the Neo-geo.com forums just now. I don't have any neo hardware but hope to someday, because in recent years I've been trying to salvage my collection of classic systems and hopefully add a Neo to it. I fell in love with the Dreamcast KOF's and then did some research online about the Neo and totally got into the whole scene, I really wish I could of been apart of it during the 90s :(.

I even glanced upon some Neo CD systems on Ebay but never went through with it, I think it would be great to have one but I would probubly start with a MVS. Well I don't know how much this helps you guys efforts but who knows maybe I'll end up with a neoCD sometime.

Welcome...
If your wanting to get into the Neo-Geo world cheaply I would really suggest NGCD to you. Unless your really gun-ho about playing the newer releases...its a better starter than MVS in my opinion.

MVS cabs are quite expensive usually, and consolized ones, or superguns will usually run you well over the $350 mark. With which you could get a nice NGCD system and a decent amount of games for it as well.

Don't let the load times scare you, they are not THAT bad, and prepare to hear Neo-Geo tunes like you've never heard them before...the NGCD is well woth having my friend!

And I wouldn't worry with eBay..just get one from Game Addiction...they are guaranteed to be better quality and even have a warranty...thats priceless imho.

@blue: a link to this side will be added shortly to daddelkingz, expect this to happen in the next 2-3 days.

@dr_Ackula: mvs setups (consolized mvs systems) start from 140 € over here in Europe (for a one-slot-machine). Are they really so much more expensive in the US?
S-Video isn´t an argument for the neo cd in Europe because in general RGB is the way to go for all neo systems.
Don´t get me wrong, I´m not trying to argue the neo cd to the ground as I still like the system (and still keep a US Top-loader and a few CDs), but I find it hard to find some strong points for the system (well, you mentioned a few like sound and cd-only, those are valid points in favour).
Did I mention I like the console as just a nice looking system? How about the Artwork on the Samurai Shodown RPG?

Very cool go_left thanks a lot :) is there a way that I can link back to them? Do they have an image?

also.... the S-video (at least in the US) is as good if not slightly better than the RGB output. I have seen the modded AES's... and played through the X-neo1's.... and I tell you..... the Neo CD upfront & unmodded matches or out does the other systems.

consolized MVS's are only $196 there? How did that happen? Are they well made?

welcome Kzerxtreme :) I hope you enjoy your stay here!

I think people need to start getting past the Neo CD being a starter system and seeing it as a good main system. in all reality..... It is a good system. Most people do not give it a chance due to the load time discussions.....

I've owned a Neo CD since 1996... and I still play it. ITs my most played system. I do have an MVS (cab) and a AES setup as well. I know there are others out there that like playing on their Neo CD's as well... and we've got to attract them some how..... as well as those 1st time Neo CD buyers.

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
consolized MVS's are only $196 there? How did that happen? Are they well made?

Yeah seriously...I've never heard of even a barebones supergun being that cheap....little alone an MVS board consolized.

@blue: the link is up: http://www.daddelkingz.de/content_links.php

don´t know how to link back as I don´t run a home page; as far as I know there is no image; anyway, due to language there won´t be too many people interested in going there.
:-\ though...some reviews are english..and quite a few cover the specials and differences of the cd version...
maybe you could just link to the homepage: www.daddelkingz.de

the guy who sold me the consolized mvs does great work. He even puts blue LEDs in it. I have a 1-Slot-Ib consolized (which is the smallest Neo geo you can think of) and a 4-Slot with integrated power supply painted in black. But OK, that´s enough for MVS advertising... ::)
But if you want, I can put up a few pictures...
Barebone superguns (MAK) start from 60 €, but can get a lot more expensive, depending on how well equipped they come.

really? Thats honestly surprising.

oh well.. enough of the MVS :lol
Thats for another discussion area. :lol

Back to the CD and the topic at hand.

I really appreciate the welcome Bluevoodo and Ackula, and this store looks very nice. Just wanted to show you that Ackulas' advertisement in his sig is working :) .

KzerXtreme said:
I really appreciate the welcome Bluevoodo and Ackula, and this store looks very nice. Just wanted to show you that Ackulas' advertisement in his sig is working :) .

Yeah my sig is all a part of the master plan to get ppl here :lol

KzerXtreme said:
I really appreciate the welcome Bluevoodo and Ackula, and this store looks very nice.  Just wanted to show you that Ackulas' advertisement in his sig is working :) .
well thats good :D Thanks Ackula :lol

We hope to see you around :)

Now, we just need to get some more here as well :lol

go_left said:
@blue: the link is up: http://www.daddelkingz.de/content_links.php

don´t know how to link back as I don´t run a home page; as far as I know there is no image; anyway, due to language there won´t be too many people interested in going there.
:-\ though...some reviews are english..and quite a few cover the specials and differences of the cd version...
maybe you could just link to the homepage: www.daddelkingz.de

Do they have any affiliate images that they would like used? I might create one for them to use on my site... or I might use part of a graphic they have to make an affil for them for my site.

OR I might just keep a text link :)

either way... we'll get them hooked up.

Thanks for helping us out in getting the link done!
Did they ever state they received my email or not?

@blue: I think a simple text link is ok, understatement is welcome. Linking forums is a nice idea.

Kgen didn´t mention he ever received a mail from you, but I didn´t explicitly ask. He´s very reliable and fast so he would not ignore mails on purpose; my bet is he never got your mails, for some reason.

I am here, and glad to be so.

Hopefully I will receive my front loader soon... hot from Japan.

Kanji said:
I am here, and glad to be so.

Hopefully I will receive my front loader soon... hot from Japan.

Very cool! How did you find out about these forums if I may ask?

And enjoy your stay!

Dr_Ackula said:
Very cool! How did you find out about these forums if I may ask?

And enjoy your stay!

I lurked since it was owned by the brits. Finally decided to join.

:lol The ex owner is pretty darn cool :)

you know... not even sure why I bought the site.. I had a dream of making it a very comprehensive site with many reviews, codes, screen shots..etc.etc.

I hope to reach that goal at some point... when time permits again :-\

Bluevoodu said:
:lol The ex owner is pretty darn cool :)

you know... not even sure why I bought the site.. I had a dream of making it a very comprehensive site with many reviews, codes, screen shots..etc.etc.

I hope to reach that goal at some point... when time permits again :-\

Well, you must admit the site now is far better than it ever was with the Brits! They didnt have a forum at all, and their store was nothing more then a list of games and an email address for inquiries.

The time of the Neo CD in terms of collectable value is coming..... the finite supply of items is just that. CD system collectors never dump their wares, because they didnt spend that much to begin with. Thus in the long run, fewer items for late comers.

Kanji said:
Well, you must admit the site now is far better than it ever was with the Brits!  They didnt have a forum at all, and their store was nothing more then a list of games and an email address for inquiries.

The time of the Neo CD in terms of collectable value is coming..... the finite supply of items is just that. CD system collectors never dump their wares, because they didnt spend that much to begin with. Thus in the long run, fewer items for late comers.
things will get a lot better in the future as well... and as I get more time to develop the site.

We just got a new review in from go_left: Ghost Pilots. I am going to be proofing the review and posting that up soon as well.

I'm back to guys. Had a break from the Neo scene for a while and got in to the whole Atari 2600 thing. Never sold a thing from the Neo collection though, and the CDZ still holds pride of place under the TV. Here's to some Neo gaming again..........once its inside you, it never leaves, just requires time for rediscovery!!!!!

:D