Neo Geo CD How can we get old members back, and attract new ones?

Halloween Jack said:
I'm back to guys. Had a break from the Neo scene for a while and got in to the whole Atari 2600 thing. Never sold a thing from the Neo collection though, and the CDZ still holds pride of place under the TV. Here's to some Neo gaming again..........once its inside you, it never leaves, just requires time for rediscovery!!!!!

:D

That is totally true.

Halloween Jack said:
I'm back to guys. Had a break from the Neo scene for a while and got in to the whole Atari 2600 thing. Never sold a thing from the Neo collection though, and the CDZ still holds pride of place under the TV. Here's to some Neo gaming again..........once its inside you, it never leaves, just requires time for rediscovery!!!!!

:D

Welcome back ;)

post all you want to anytime you want to hehe.

Just bought a boxed, high serial number toploader from Japan. 2 control pads, Last Blade, Last Blade 2, Real Bout Special, Real Bout and Sonic Wings 2.... all for $ 120.00 plus shipping.

Super sweet.

Kanji said:
Just bought a boxed, high serial number toploader from Japan. 2 control pads, Last Blade, Last Blade 2, Real Bout Special, Real Bout and Sonic Wings 2.... all for $ 120.00 plus shipping.

Super sweet.
dang... what are the conditions though?

hows come you all find the good deals? I don't :lol

That a killer price on that package... all I have to say is... WTH!?

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
dang... what are the conditions though?

hows come you all find the good deals? I don't :lol

That a killer price on that package... all I have to say is... WTH!?

The seller ranked the system, box, controllers, and instructions as A grade... the pics looked good too. It is supposed to be in wonderful condition.

Looks like guys like you and Ryan Smith are making things difficult for the Japanese, so they are lowering their prices?

No worries... I am sure I will be buying a flood of US CD titles from you shortly. ;)

The Japanese Ebay sellers offer a good price, but what kills the deal is their ungodly shipping cost. I probably would have bought a Neo system long ago from one of them, but having to tack on $100 for shipping pretty much prevented me from pulling the trigger (that and not having a full time job and as much extra money as I do now)

Kanji said:
The seller ranked the system, box, controllers, and instructions as A grade... the pics looked good too. It is supposed to be in wonderful condition.

Looks like guys like you and Ryan Smith are making things difficult for the Japanese, so they are lowering their prices?

No worries... I am sure I will be buying a flood of US CD titles from you shortly. ;)
Yeah.. the Jpn people used to be a lot more... but now they are starting to come down. Oddly enough is that I cannot get that good of prices on a lot of things. People still want$300-400 for a neo cd collection and 5-10 mediocre games.

but what is weird is that I have seen some common game prices on the rise a bit... not much, but $2-3 here and there.

go_left said:
mvs setups (consolized mvs systems) start from 140 € over here in Europe (for a one-slot-machine). Are they really so much more expensive in the US?

@go left
Just to bug again .... sorry offtopic again
But : Where do you get those consolized mvs systems... ?

Kumavonmitsurugi said:
guess whos back....back back back again ::D

Its good to have you back dude, where you been? You still got my AIM name right?

yea i still have your name and everything

I've been occupied with a bunch of stuff like work, and my own site... but im back for good now 8)

When I first visited these forums, it was kind of off-putting for me to see that the majority of the boards had not been posted in for months. Maybe that applies to others as well. Not really valid though, cos if one posts up, there will probably be more fresh posts.

Maybe you could write something like "be sure to visit the neogeocd.net site and forums and share your thoughts on your new product or whatever" in the invoices to customers buying NCD related stuff.

drombat

Actually.. . I've done that a bit.

Honestly, I think interest in the Neo Geo CD system has gone down.... I don't know more than 10 people anymore that own Neo CD units..... and the rest that do, don't come online anymore.. they are too busy with life.

IF you have more ideas... please do post them up. IF we can get a couple people posting in here regularly... I guarantee that you'll have more visitors joining up and new fresh posts. The Neogeocd.net site section gets a good amount of hits... so I know people are still checking this stuff out.