Neo Geo CD New Neo Geo CD Games

Joined Jul 2005
90 Posts | 0+
Green Bay, WI
Neo%20Geo%20CD.jpg

Finally got some new Neo Geo games. I haven't touched my NGCD since 2005! Just thought I'd share, impressions to follow.

I haven't played Top Hunter in awhile (or Rally Chase).

What are your thoughts on those games?

BV :hat

So far I have really enjoyed Rally Chase. The game is rather small, so I have been able to play through the main mode quite a few times now. The graphics are rather bland, but the gameplay is fantastic. I am starting to be able to get second place on some of the tracks, so hopefully I can win the damn championship.

I played through Top Hunter a little bit. Man it is a pretty game! It's pretty fun, but there is a lot of stuff going on. I will definitely play through this several times to try and find all the secrets. The unique aspect of this game is that there are two paths (foreground and background) that you can jump back and forth from. Overall it seems pretty easy, but enjoyable.

Ok, put some more time into Top Hunter with a friend. This game is a very fun, but feels a bit sloppy at times. The background/foreground thing is pretty cool. There are a few parts where you need to jump back and forth to solve a mini puzzle. However, it isn't always clear what is in the background and what is in the foreground because the size difference between the two planes isn't different enough.

There are lots of power-ups and things to collect, but I haven't really figured out what it all does yet (again, feels a little sloppy/loose). There are 4 "worlds" with 3 stages each. The end of each stage has a boss. I found the final bosses interesting, but again, the jumping back and forth between the background and foreground was a bit confusing.

So far I have played through 2 of the worlds with a friend, and one of the worlds on my own. I will plow through the game one of these days, preferably with a partner.

Oh yeah, did I mention this game is gorgeous?

yea i think Top Hunter is a cool game, but coordinating between attacking, jumping and plane switching can be a bit confusing.

Yeah, I agree completely. The women and I played through the game in it's entirety. Even going through the final levels of the game, it still didn't feel natural to bounce back and forth between the two planes. This is probably why few other games, if any, ever implemented such a feature.