Neo Geo CD NGCD Jewel Cases

Joined Jul 2005
90 Posts | 0+
Green Bay, WI
I just noticed that some of my NGCD jewel cases have an etched Neo Geo logo in the upper right corner of the plastic. Did all NGCD games have this etching? Or have some of my cases been replaced?

BV, I know you have some sealed games in your store, do they all have this etching?

All Japanese titles...

With the etched logo:
King of Fighters '95
Neo Geo CD Special
Puzzle Bobble
Flying Power Disc (Windjammers)

Without etched logo:
Samurai Spirits
Rally Chase
Riding Hero
Top Hunter
Metal Slug

Out of 27 games that I have only 13 have this in the corner. All of my games are Japanese. I take it that maybe some of the Jewel cases have been changed? Or was this just on earlier games?

retro junkie said:
Out of 27 games that I have only 13 have this in the corner. All of my games are Japanese. I take it that maybe some of the Jewel cases have been changed? Or was this just on earlier games?

This has been a debate for sometime. Here is what I found dealing in over a couple thousand Neo CD games.

Sealed games - Some had etchings... some did not. These are bulk sealed master pack games. ALTHOUGH... if the games didn't have the etching, the entire master pack didn't (this is what I noticed from my experience). I have seen Aero Fighters 2 come with the etching... and Sonic Wings 2 not come with the etching. I believe some Aero Fighters 2 came without the etching as well.

Used games... someone could VERY WELL have changed the case. Although that doesn't necessarily mean they did. Generally the tray looks different in replaced cases.

I haven't figured out a rhyme or reason as to why some cases came with etchings and others not.

†B†V† :hat