Neo Geo CD Neo CD versus AES Systems Production Count

Joined Jan 2005
186 Posts | 0+
Maryland USA
I was just wondering... which of all the SNK systems released to the consumer market, is the most rare?

Is AES in greater production counts then the CD system?

Of the CD systems, are there fewer CDZ then front loaders? We all know the toploader is the king as far as CD system production goes, but what about the CDZ and frontloader?

Were there grey frontloaders? Or just black?

I would venture to say, in the long run, a very rare CD system will skyrocket in value from a collectors perspective.

It is a great time to be a Neo CD collector, as prices are still low.

Kanji said:
I was just wondering... which of all the SNK systems released to the consumer market, is the most rare?

Is AES in greater production counts then the CD system?

Of the CD systems, are there fewer CDZ then front loaders? We all know the toploader is the king as far as CD system production goes, but what about the CDZ and frontloader?

Were there grey frontloaders? Or just black?

I would venture to say, in the long run, a very rare CD system will skyrocket in value from a collectors perspective.

It is a great time to be a Neo CD collector, as prices are still low.

This is just a guess on my part...Bluevodoo would know a better actual figure I think...

In terms of rareness I'd venture to say that the CDZ and front loader are the rarest of course...

I'd say CDZ is rarer actually..as it was only released in Japan..I think the front loader was released in the states as well...I could be wrong though.

I also know that US top loaders are rarer than their JPN counterparts.

Dr_Ackula said:
This is just a guess on my part...Bluevodoo would know a better actual figure I think...

In terms of rareness I'd venture to say that the CDZ and front loader are the rarest of course...

I'd say CDZ is rarer actually..as it was only released in Japan..I think the front loader was released in the states as well...I could be wrong though.

I also know that US top loaders are rarer than their JPN counterparts.

Well, the fontloaders were a japan only release, and limited to 25k units. What about the CDZ? Does anyone have any idea of production counts?

I cannot say for sure here... but I thought I had a CDZ with a 36K serial.....

I don't remember anymore though

I am not sure how many US systems there are .... let alone PAL and Brazillian.

Supposively there is a chinese model as well?

Japanese models ended at 136-140K right?
I have not seen anything over 135K I believe.

†B†V† :hat

So, is it safe to assume that there are fewer CD systems floating around out there now, then AES systems? Mainly due to the fact that AES systems theoretically will last longer than a CD unit?