Neo Geo CD Neo CD Arranged music list?

Joined Jan 2005
15 Posts | 0+
Hi,

I've been loitering for a while now, and finally decided to join up :)

I have both a Japanese AES system as well as a front loader Japanese CD system.

I have to say I love the Neo CD more than my AES, mainly because I beleive music can add so much more to a game, and the CD music rocks.  :woot

Ok, on to the question.

I am looking at expanding my Neo CD collection, and am looking for mainly Neo Games that come with "arranged" sountracks, ie ones with better music than their AES counterparts.

What games would you recommend from a purely music point of view, not particurly gameplay.  :eek:

Has anyone actually made a list of all the Neo CD games that have arranged soundtracks, as I beleive not all have it.

Thanks  :)

P.S.

I have just bought Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, the soundtrack is sublime  :D

Oh, and before I forget.....whats the music like on Samurai Showdown RPG?

Welcome to the boards ;)

I'll have to look into my collection to see exactly which ones do contain arranged soundtracks...but pretty much all the NGCD games have superior sound (BGM wise) vs their AES/MVS counterparts. Someone should make a list of them..good suggestion.

Ones with arranged soundtracks that spring to mind though...

Real Bout
Real Bout Special
Real Bout 2
Samurai Shodown 1-4
Last Blade 1+2
KOF 94 - 99
Metal Slug 1+2 (I am about 90% sure)

I know theres more...but those I pretty much know for sure...

My personal favorite is KOF 96, Athena's Psycho Soldier song is sublime..with full Japanese vocals! Not too mention Krauser, and Geese's Themes..excellent!

As for Samurai Spirits RPG, the music is what you have come to expect from a SS game, traditional Japanese music..very moody and inspiring I think.

Thanks.  :)

I have around ten CD games, so I will run through what I have and note the arranged tracks. Hopefully we could come up with a full list of what games did actually get arranged tracks.

As you said, even if the tracks are not arranged, they will sound better through the system as its CD quality sound.

I will have to pick up all those games you mentioned, thanks for the list...its a start.

If would could get a full list or even start one, I would be happy to produce a webpage for it, and host it to be linked from this site no problem.

If you would like to contribute the list... I Would be more than happy to host it up for you :)

We have about 3 more reviews going up very soon (Thanks to the review editing help from Kanji).

And thanks to Go_left, and Dr. Ackula providing reviews :)

†B†V† :hat

Well, I started the list. I've only got about four completed so far, but I will add others in my own time.

I own approx another eight Neo Geo Cd's, and will be buying more in the future. These will be added as I buy them.

It still needs spell checking and the graphics need optimizing etc etc....things will improve with time.

here's the link.

http://www.sonicteam.karoo.net/Neo/