Neo Geo CD KOF '98

Joined Oct 2005
18 Posts | 0+
Recieved KOF '98 today (totally awesome BTW) and was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me. Before certain fights there is a long pause between the announcer saying READY.....GO! This doesn't happen with all the rounds, only the first.

There is also a delay when choosing a team on KOF 94 just before the music for that screen starts.

Does this happen to anyone else?

edit - it appears at the start of each new fight and I think it is to do with the music track loading as every round other than the first begins with music. Still, does this happen anyone else?

edit 2 - whoops, wrong game! :lol

i'm not sure, i wish i could help. i dont have KoF'98, but it may be something that happens on every game.

hopefully someone who does have KOF'98 might double check for you. sounds like it might be the game picking up after a voice sample which was loaded and then carries on.

I have a feeling the pause is just the music loading. Often however the graphics have loaded but the sound (during which the pause occurs) takes around 2-3secs to load. I'm fairly new (well, I bought my NGCD in 2005 but only started playing it recently!) to the NGCD scene and I wanna make sure my console is working correctly!

As I said in my earlier post, this also happens with the team selection screen on KOF94