Neo Geo CD Neo Geo CD Video Problem

Joined Jul 2009
6 Posts | 0+
Hi,

I tried to connect my Neo Geo CD to my Mitsubishi 60" DLP TV directly using composite and S-VHS connections. I get no video.

I also tried connecting the Neo Geo CD to the Mitsubishi via my Yamaha up-scaling A/V receiver using composite and S-VHS connections. This also failed.

But when I connected the console to my Sharp bedroom TV, I get a picture.

After examining the picture, I noticed the top left of the frame kind of bends down. The corner isn't a perfect 90 degree angle. Also I noticed on the top right corner, the edge of the frame extend beyond the viewing area. I wonder if this is what is causing the problem with my Yamaha receiver and Mits. TV?

Please tell me what you think, and where, if any, there are controls (pots) that I might can adjust so that my home theater equipment will accept the signal.

I live in the US, and all equipment is NTSC-U except for the Neo Geo CD which was bought in Japan and still is jumpered for Japan (NTSC-J).

Thanks,
bigdog660

P.S. Anybody have a US power supply for the Neo Geo CD for sale?

Okay, I tried moving the NGCD to my Samsung HDTV downstairs, and it works there. The Mitsubishi must have a strict or picky requirements for the video signal is all I can figure. It worked connected directly to the Sammy TV and through my Pioneer receiver, so I guess I will leave it there.

I am glad that you are able to sort this out. I am wondering what problems I might encounter whenever I will have to take the plunge and get an HDTV. All I have right now is the analog stuff. I'm holding out until I have to purchase one. Whenever my analog dies, then it will be my time. :lol

When you decide to take the plunge, I would strongly suggest you look hard at a Samsung DLP or the new Samsung LED TVs. Awesome picture. Puts the Mitsubishi to shame.

Thanks for the tip. The only thing that seems to be available in my area are the LCD and Plasma. Anything else and I will have to look online. Not sure if there are any Samsung locally. Maybe Wal-mart? I hope I have plenty of time to look before that dreadful day. :lol

Sears has LED TV's by Sammy, Wal-mart does not yet. You might look at Best Buy.

Online is probably is going to get you your best deal though. I bought my 50" Sammy 1080p DLP online in '06 for $1900.

And for extended warranty, check out squaretrade.com. They have the best deal with warranties even if you don't buy through their partner stores. I got a 3 year warranty on a $350 BD player for around $30.00.

squaredealtrade is a great place for warranties. I got a warranty for 2 years on my NGCD from them. :lol

I am not sure why your TVs are not accepting S-Video correctly. I suspect manufacturers are cheaping out on these legacy connections since they are rarely used. I have a 2005 Samsung CRT HDTV that is super picky with S-Video.

I currently play a majority of my retro consoles on a 19" CRT (stereo sound, but no S-Video).

My living room is rocking a 55" Vizio LCD :D

Get neogeo RGB cable! It gives damn good picture too but only mono sound. But still I like more the S-Video picture.

000104_neog_image1.jpg