NGP Discussion Thread

Re: PSP 2 CONFIRMED & Playstation Suite application for Android Phones!

It'll be ready this HOLIDAY Season :D

phpHeEBxaphoto8.JPG

UNCHARTED PSP2 in ACTION! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm going to say it, not because I'm excited though, but the PSP2 just crapped all over the 3DS in my opinion. Not sure if I want one now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LOdPwVJhMo&feature=player_embedded#

Here's uncharted in action "GET SERIOUS!"

The size is approx. the same as the original PSP.

I'm liking what I see! Definitely prefer this over the 3DS :D

And it has sixaxis. It's like having an iPhone in your PSP but with real games!

lol@Creepin.

MGS4, Lost Planet 2, and Yakuza 4 running on the PSP 2 is pretty sexy.

Also, any PSP game you have downloaded will work on the PSP 2. Note: Yes the PSP 2 has an entirely different media format.

Call of Duty PSP2 confirmed

They say anything about Price and Battery life? Or even if it's region free? :)

No, no details about that sort of stuff. They probably don't really have an idea until games are fully developed. And I wouldn't expect region free these days. At least that way, if it does happen to be you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ah ok. Yeah region free doesn't seem like a standard anymore. But if the PSP2 is then that'll be a nice bonus :)

Hopefully the release date of the PSP2 and the 3DS is far apart by a long period of time.... after all both system seem phenomenal for me... to this day I can't pick which one is my favorite between DS and PSP... maybe the same will occur with PSP2 and 3DS after all they both seem like pretty powerful handhelds that might finally make my dream of consoles and handhelds being equal come true

*sigh*...and i just bought two psp's...now i have to buy two of these...oh well it's worth it for a portable ps3...

This looks *really* awesome, but I worry it's going to be astronomically expensive :-\ Let's hope under $300 and games around $40.

Sony's NGP Revealed!

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-unveils-next-generation-portable-in-japan/2875/

It has basically every feature that was rumored to be in the PSP2, but they're calling it the "Next Generation Portable" for now. This means the dual-analog sticks, touch-sensitivity, tilt-controls, dual-cameras, etc. are all jam-packed into this thing. Let's hope the price point isn't terribly ridiculous. Very excited for this, might just get this instead of a PSP if it is backwards compatible.

Portable versions of first-party Sony exclusives Killzone, Uncharted, and littleBigPlanet have been confirmed for a system that Sony claims is just as powerful as its PS3. Hideo Kojima was even on-hand to personally present a Metal Gear trailer along with a demonstration of the Unreal engine running in real-time on the system. A Call of Duty title was also announced.

Who knows, maybe the PSP2 will be region free seeing as the PS3 is.

I also hope that PSN games work on it as well. That would be sweet!

has the format of the games been said? is like tiny blu-ray or something? I just hope is not 100% digital X_X

Zidart said:
has the format of the games been said? is like tiny blu-ray or something? I just hope is not 100% digital X_X

Haha I doubt Sony would make that mistake again.

There has been no mention of media other than the downloadable stuff from the PS Suite. It's probably going to be on solid state drives like the DS. That would be my guess.

One things for sure, it does not have a UMD drive.

UPDATE: Looks like I was right -

"That's because it doesn't have a UMD drive," Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida tells Kotaku. In the place of the Universal Media Disc, Sony is using flash memory-based cards and digital downloads.