Who still has a wii and plays it?

targetrasp said:
There is a ton of flaming crap out for the wii so be prepared to dig through the junk. The collectable stuff is still pretty rough, Xenosaga, Metroid Collection, Mario whatevers, but there's also some solid stuff that's worth the money Little King's Story comes to mind...

I found out there's a decent amount of quality RPGs to be had, and have been snatching them up every time I see one.

There was a Metroid collection on the Wii? Are we talking Prime or original Metroid?

I pretty much gave up on the franchise when I read the horrible reviews of Metroid: The Other M.

That is disappointing... I had high hopes for a hybrid 2d/3d Metroid. Nintendo handed it off to a team that was known for being degrading to women characters though. That should have been a clear no-no for them. Samus had been one of their strongest franchise heroes.

My girlfriend and I named one of our pet ratties Samus too!

all three prime games got really good reviews and were fun, but nothing has lived up to super Metroid. Its really the pinnacle of the Metroid franchise

Metroid Prime LOOKED so cool and had a great soundtrack...

After playing Halo: CE though, the play controls felt very... well.. lacked control?

I really hated locking on to stuff to aim rather than being able to aim freely.

Metroid Prime is one of the best games EVER. It is still odd that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night felt more like a sequel to Super Metroid than anything else did.

All this talk about Super Metroid (and to a lesser extent symphony of the night) has almost encouraged me to purchase a copy. I've long since sold both off

targetrasp said:
All this talk about Super Metroid (and to a lesser extent symphony of the night) has almost encouraged me to purchase a copy. I've long since sold both off

Those are the absolute pinnacle of platform gaming, and 2D gaming in general, for me. The graphics, the sound, the play control, and the role playing elements in both were absolutely amazing.

I cannot see ever parting with my copies of those games.