Neo Geo CD Is there a list of "Arcade Perfect" NeoCD games?

Joined Mar 2005
11 Posts | 0+
By that I mean games that have no loading once the first load is done. So they play exactly like their arcade counterparts.

I looked over the load times list, and found these games to start the list off:

Baseball Stars 2
Cyber Lip
Fatal Fury
Last Resort
League Bowling
Magician Lord
Mutation Nation
Nam 1975
Ninja Combat
Puzzle Bobble
Rally Chase
Soccer Brawl
Street Hoop
Viewpoint

Feel free to reply with any other games you know of.

windjammers.... it has some loads... but its NICE and very limited on loads.

†B†V† :hat

Soulement said:
By that I mean games that have no loading once the first load is done. So they play exactly like their arcade counterparts.

Any Neo CD game that is a port of an AES/MVS cart that is under 100 Megs normally only has to load once innitially (since the game data is small enough to completely fit into the Neo CD's memory). This leaves the CD drive free to access the red-book audio.

Bluevoodu said:
windjammers.... it has some loads... but its NICE and very limited on loads.

†B†V† :hat
Well, IMHO Windjammers is NOT arcade-perect. It's BETTER than the MVS/AES version! ;)

It only has minor loads, and it's more enjoyable thanks to longer games (25pt/60sec VS the 15pts/30secs of the MVS!)

Actually, I was thinking of making a second list of games that have very little loading to go with the other. Windjammers was the first I thought to put there since it only has load times of 1 second or so. Two others were Metal Slug and Sonic Wings 2 since they let you play through a whole stage before loading more data, and then don't take very long.

I'm going to go over the master list of NeoCD games later today and see which ones are smaller than 58MBits. Those should fit in the system's memory with no problems. 100MBits might be a bit high for games to have no loading though. Most Neo games seem to use way more graphics data than sound, but alot of games just barely over the limit should fit fine since some sound data is offloaded to the cd audio. Once I'm done I'll update the original post.

did you ever make that list? Just curious :)

feel free to post it up! In fact, I might host it on the site as well... as an fyi for new neo geo cd owners that want that info.

Bv :hat

Hello

this list is very easy to do with the Neo-Geo.com list, (all the game before 1994 in fact) but Metal Slug and Sonic Wings 2 haven't short loading

maybe I am wrong, but isn't windjammers after that time?

that has short loading.

Same thing with Viewpoint, magical drop 2 (I believe has shorter loading).. and others.

BV :hat