Official Halo 4 Topic

nice to see that little pistol grenade thing will actually be in the game i remember hearing romours it was for the trailer only :D

mw3 > halo

sorry breh but nothing can beat COD, this looks like it's gonna be just another failure :lol

OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :? :D :D :? :-X :-X :-\ :-\

CANT WAIT GUYZ

;) ::D :-\ 8) 8) :) :) :) :) :( :( :( :? :? :? :-[ :-[ :-[

PEACE OUT

:-* :p ;D :lol :( :( :-\ :-\ :'( :'( ;) ::D ::D :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've not been able to get behind a halo game since Halo 2. I remember playing Halo 2 well into the 360 launch (actually for the first year or so it was the most played game in my 360) and have just not had the same love for the last couple of halo titles. I'm hoping since its not bunjee anymore it'll come out a fresher and not be just another FPS.

XXXTheL7on3W0LfXxX said:
mw3 > halo

sorry breh but nothing can beat COD, this looks like it's gonna be just another failure :lol

i must ask why? Halo intruduces new ideas and has its own universe. The halo franchise has novels, action figures, comics, about to release a approximatly 1hour short online live action series, it has its own megablocks brand. i enjoyed call of duty mw2, and some of the older games like finest hour and big red one, but mw3 was basiclly the same as mw2 with just differnt weapons and maps. it felt like an addon to mw2. And u cant really compare cod to halo because halo is so much more than a videogame.

I guess what worries me about Halo 4 is whether it's going to have a good single player campaign. I really just can't deal with Halo multiplayer anymore; so many people who play Halo are elitist d-bags who act like they are making money for playing (Halo is srs bzns), and I just want to have fun. If they have most of the meat in the game in multiplayer, I'll be really disappointed (but not really surprised).

I really just can't deal with Halo multiplayer anymore; so many people who play Halo are elitist d-bags who act like they are making money for playing

This is making its way into everything now. just try being a healer in wow, experiment with a toon in league of legends (or just not rape face in general), or god, turn on DOTA! The console flamers have NOTHING on the d-bags in the multiplayer pc world, but I do agree, it's bleeding into the console world and halo has deffly become flame heavy

Halo needs to create new rooms matched on players skill sets. It's not fun for either the experts or beginners when there's always dead weight on a team. how do we make this movement happen??

julio_chango said:
Halo needs to create new rooms matched on players skill sets. It's not fun for either the experts or beginners when there's always dead weight on a team. how do we make this movement happen??

Dead weight as in players whose skill level doesn't match the rest of the team?

Personally I think that rests on other players, not the developer. If you see someone who you think could stand to play better, why not just give them a few friendly pointers, or offer to help them out? In my experience people who suck already know they suck, and they don't need people to keep telling them something they already are aware of. They just need more practice, and for people to be patient with them while they learn. Everyone has to start somewhere, but if experts weren't so hard on beginners, maybe the beginners would play long enough to be as good as the experts. ;)

More on topic, who is excited for Halo 4? We're just a little over 24 hours away from being able to play it.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to fire up the campaign first. The reviews have been pretty good.

Out of everything I've read or heard about Halo 4, the only thing that disappoints me so far is that there isn't a theater mode for the campaign. But 343 is looking into adding that as a title update.

Anyway, I'm picking up Halo 4 at midnight tomorrow, so if anyone else gets it, just message me if you see me online and want to play.

I brought the game home, played the first three missions on heroic and decided to try some multiplayer. I really should have read the back of the game when I bought it because I've got a core xbox 360 w/ a 4gb hard drive. Halo requires an 8gb hard drive to play on and after deleting almost everything on my drive I still can't download the mp stuff from the second disk.

On a different note the campaign is pretty sweet. The game is still the same (really wasn't expecting anything different) but the story is at least there. The light effects are incredible and the over all graphics are amazing on a nice HD set up. I'm still not as excited about the franchise as I once was but I'll have some fun with this one.

Yeah, the campaign is pretty good. I beat it co-op on Normal with some buddies in the first few days. Now I'm going through solo on Legendary. I've gotten through 6 out of 8 levels so far. Incidentally, mission 6 is actually the hardest in the game so I've skipped it for now. The ones I've completed on Legendary are 1-5 and 7. I'm in the middle of 8, and I'll go back to 6 when I've finished it.

As far as the multiplayer, I enjoy it. The maps aren't nearly as good as previous Halo games, but that's really my only complaint.

For some reason the halo multiplayer experience has never been as good as in halo 2. Every iteration seems to be less and less appealing for me. I'm hoping this one will turn it around, just need a dang hard drive

Yeah, I had to go get a slim for that same reason. Sucks...

Multiplayer is a good time, but some of the perks can get frustrating. I miss my armor lock haha.

I just finished Halo 4 on multiplayer.

The Promethians are a pain. The new weapons are awesome for the most part, except the incinerator; the firing rate is so slow that I always end up getting shots either completely missed or close enough that I take damage.

The story was kinda weak compared to Halo, Halo 2, and Halo: Reach. I blame Cortana's program rampancy on the fact that her OS was designed by Microsoft.

Overall the single-player gameplay is solid. I have yet to take it online to Live though!