360 worth it this late?

Joined Jun 2004
3K Posts | 0+
Indiana
I just got a second TV and am considering getting a 360 (finally).

This late in the product life cycle, is it even worth it? I figure most of the Halo 3 and Halo: Reach servers already ran their course and are probably not active. Would there be much of a reason to get a 360 in 2013?

I personally would say probably not since they are unveiling next gen consoles. Or you could cause it will one day be "retro" if they don't all RRoD before then.

I think the only 360 exclusive titles I had really hardcore wanted were Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. I was no where near being able to drop the cash for one over the last few years though.

No...

Even if you don't use it for games and just want the internet functionality, you'll still have to pay for Live in order to access them. A PS3 is a much better value for that.

If you really, and I mean REALLY, want to play Halo then it might be worth it.

I have a PS3 in the main room and use it all the time. My girlfriend's friend gave us a 46" HDTV for cheap (like, pretty much gave it to us). So I have a nice big TV with nothing plugged into it yet.

If you want something to plug into it, then I would recommend a Roku player. I don't think a 360 is worth it just for the Halo games alone. But that is just me.

That is an idea. I just had another idea, actually. If I do get to build a new gaming PC this summer, maybe I will repurpose one of my older computers into a media player to plug into that TV.

Grindspine said:
That is an idea. I just had another idea, actually. If I do get to build a new gaming PC this summer, maybe I will repurpose one of my older computers into a media player to plug into that TV.

That would be a much smarter idea.

There aren't enough people on the Halo multiplayer to make it worth it if that's all you really want from it.