Author Topic: Yokai Watch  (Read 646 times)

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • View Profile
Yokai Watch
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:57:38 PM »
Anyone played any of these games yet? When I bought my son the actual watch and a few of the medals I assumed it'd be a passing fad. There's a new watch, new medals and two 3ds games for Yokai Watch 2, not to mention another season or so of cartoons. Guess I was wrong. I never got the first 3ds game but it looked so fun on YouTube that I purchased both flavors of Yokai Watch 2 for Christmas presents.
?

Offline retro junkie

• Night Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Pieces of Me
Re: Yokai Watch
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 08:25:40 PM »
I never heard of them. I guess I am out of touch.
There is no spoon.

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 01:36:03 AM »
Japan is taking another run at Pokémon. Its an rpg-ish with heavy influences from Japanese folk lore toned down to make toys and games for kids. It was localized here in a aim small miss small kinda way and seemingly paid off. They even were slick enough to cash in on the blind bag phenomenon youtubers have created a frenzy over (that's seemingly starting to cool down some). The movie came out on Netflix recently and the toy line has grown substantially. 
?

Offline Mai Valentine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 12:18:24 PM »
The game is pretty fun and has really humorous dialogue. It's probably a little more strategy heavy than Pokemon, although it may only feel that way because I'm unfamiliar with it.

Offline targetrasp

• Marco
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 10:37:47 PM »
my 6 year old was crazy over the toys and the games for all of 10 minutes... Pokémon has nothing to worry about!
?