Neo Geo CD How does the Neo Geo CD hook up to a TV?

Joined Jul 2005
90 Posts | 0+
Green Bay, WI
I've been thinking about buying a neo geo CD for a while now. I saw this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=187&item=8202027557&rd=1

It does not come with the a/v cable. Does the NGCD have a special cable (like viturally all consoles) or is there actually a red/yellow/white jacks on the back of the unit?

I tried google images and it appears that it would need its own cable. Just wanted to clarify my suspisions. Also, does the NGCD support S-Video? I have an HDTV so I almost have to have S-Video to have an interlaced signal look acceptable.

Thanks in advance!

It uses the basic A/V or S-video cables :) nothing special!
Right out of the box, is supports the Neo Geo RF (or Neo Geo special AV cable that fits in the the RF slot and accepts the cables with the inputs like the genesis 1 A/V cables), Normal composite A/V, and S-Video :)

Welcome to the boards :)  Hope to see you around.

BTW... if you need Neo CD games, check out the shop :)

BV :hat

Excellent, thanks very much. Probably won't buy this one, been keeping my eye out though. Kind of bites that most of the NGCD's have to be shipped form Japan, costs an arm and a leg...

I've been lurking around here and neo-geo.com for a while, doing research trying to decide which system to buy. I like the NGCD because of S-Video support, and far cheaper games.

actually... I just got a Neo CD and CDZ in .... I don't want to try to throw a "sales pitch" but if you are interested.... drop me a line: [email protected]

So you have been lurking here for awhile? Were you lurking at the time when we were on the older boards?

BV :hat

Dropped you a line...

Haven't been lurking *that* long, but have read quite a bit about SNKs home consoles, which lead me here. Looking forward to sticking around and learning more about SNK and the NeoGeo.