Neo Geo CD Neo Geo CDZ power supply?

Joined Feb 2005
97 Posts | 0+
Houston, TX
Are the voltages and pinout the same for the Neo Geo and Neo Geo CDZ.

Can I trim down a Neo Geo power supply and use it with a Neo Geo CDZ?

hm.... not too sure about that.

the CDZ power adaptor is rated as follows:
*POWCD-J2*
AC 100V 50/60Hz 38VA
DC 5V 1A
DC 10V 1A

The CD Toploader is:
*POWCD-J*
AC 100V 50/60Hz 55VA
DC 5V 2A
DC 10V 1A

pretty close.... but man.... I am not sure if it would work to trim a Neo geo CD power supply for the CDZ.

OR are you talking aes to cdz?

BV :hat

When it comes to voltage adaptors, you have to use the same ratings that's on the console or higher. Case in point: I needed an adaptor for my Sega MS. The voltage was like 800Mv or something. It's an unheard of rating now, so I had to get a Genesis one, which is somewhere near 900Mv. You just can't go lower on the voltage or it will mess up the console. But higher is okay.
So the one on the Top Loader can be used on the CDZ, but not the other way around.

Dart said:
When it comes to voltage adaptors, you have to use the same ratings that's on the console or higher. Case in point: I needed an adaptor for my Sega MS. The voltage was like 800Mv or something. It's an unheard of rating now, so I had to get a Genesis one, which is somewhere near 900Mv. You just can't go lower on the voltage or it will mess up the console. But higher is okay.
So the one on the Top Loader can be used on the CDZ, but not the other way around.

You still have to watch the voltage because too much can harm the electronics inside. But it is ok to stay near the original voltage.

Right. Some makes it good but a lot don't make it better. :D

Bluevoodu said:
the CDZ power adaptor is rated as follows:
*POWCD-J2*
AC 100V 50/60Hz 38VA
DC 5V 1A
DC 10V 1A

Does it show the pinout on the power supply?

The Neo Geo CD one does.

I use the Power Adaptater of my Neo Geo CD euro for my Neo Geo CDZ (jap)