Sega Master System HELP!! I can't remember this SMS game!!

Joined Jun 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Louisburg, NC, USA
When I first had my SMS II way back when every store was blowing them out to make room for the all new Genesis, I bought a pile of games for practically nothing. One game in particular sticks out in my mind as a favorite. But I can't figure out what the name is.

It has sort of a Contra feel. A side-scrolling, shoot-at-anything-that-bleeds kind of game. I remember most levels being kind of dark too. But the most unusual characteristic is when the guy jumps, he does this seemingly slow front flip. On some levels it was annoying because the flip-jump was so slow that it made him vulnerable to attack.

Can anyone tell me if they know the name to this game?? I'd like to find it agian and be annoyed at the jumps, but satisfied that I have a childhood favorite again.

Re: HELP!! I can't remember this SMA game!!

goodness...sounds like a Shinobi....or a Shadow Dancer...I need to do some SMS research :)

No I have Shinobi. And it is definately not that.

Like I said, It plays a lot like Contra. The guy has something like a laser gun. But the front flip is what stands out the most.

Eh, the more I think about it, the more I wish I had never gotten rid of my SMS II.  :'(

I did some browsing on Ebay, and could the game I am describing be called Strider?? I doubt it. But maybe?? :?

Strider by Capcom? He had a sword...

Could be Rambo The First Blood Part 2

Cyborg Hunter?

Nope. I have Rambo.

Cyborg Hunter?? Maybe. I don't remember the name.

Doesn't really ring a bell for me...

Zillion 1 or 2 perhaps?

Alien Syndrome?

Im tapped out of ideals

I say you guys should google the games you guys mentioned and maybe see if there are any screenshots online.

DOH!! Creepin', I have a web site saved that has screen shots from just about every game. I should have used that!!!  :lol

IT'S STRIDER!!

Dart said:
DOH!! Creepin', I have a web site saved that has screen shots from just about every game. I should have used that!!! :lol

IT'S STRIDER!!

slap.gif
:lol

At least you found it. :)

Yeah but I don't understand something. G&G says that Strider has a sword. But I remember a gun. Oh well. I know the game, and I will soon find it.

If only BV stocked or even listed Master System games... :-\

Ooh yeah!! If BV stocked SMS games, I'd have a way bigger collection by now!! :D

The other day I found Strider for my NES. It was a few dollars, so I don't feel bad about making such a poor decision. I guess I like the Master System one much better. :-\