mvs cabinets... and boards? 6 slot problems?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I have heard the 1/2/4 slots do not have problems.... But I have heard the 6 slot gives problems.

Can anyone elaborate?

and which board is the best? I am looking to replace my faulty 1 slot board.

†B†V† :hat

Well...the first thing I would ask is are you positive that your board is faulty? One guy had sound problems, and I told him to not "Push" the cart in all the way, but instead, to push it in only slightly. It solved his problems completely.

For some reason, the MVS boards are very picky about cart placement. If it is too far in, you will have problems.

However, I do believe the MV-1C or something to that effect, does have problems with the newer games. There is a long thread about it on the Shawn's forums.

Also, be very careful about keeping your board away from static. MVS boards are very sensitive to static electricity.

I've heard about the 6-slot being faulty also, but you never know. I have a 4-slot and beside it being "picky about the cart placement" it works flawless. I would still try out a 6-slot if you can find one for a good price anyway, they're just too cool.  :woot

Winter.... I am sure it is faulty... as it has graphical glitches.

And my candy cab 1 slot..... well I don't want to use that because I'll have to rewire the harness and I do not want to do that.

NEOryu said:
I've heard about the 6-slot being faulty also, but you never know. I have a 4-slot and beside it being "picky about the cart placement" it works flawless. I would still try out a 6-slot if you can find one for a good price anyway, they're just too cool.  :woot

I want to try one out too :lol they just sound TOO cool! :D 6 games!
but if they are unreliable... I do not want to use them, and I'll do a 4 slot.

do you recommend a 4 slot... and what is the average price you have seen on them?

Graphical glitches often occur from lose cart slots and carts being inserted incorrectly.

Bluevoodu said:
Winter.... I am sure it is faulty... as it has graphical glitches.

And my candy cab 1 slot..... well I don't want to use that because I'll have to rewire the harness and I do not want to do that.

NEOryu said:

I want to try one out too :lol they just sound TOO cool!  :D  6 games!
but if they are unreliable... I do not want to use them, and I'll do a 4 slot.

do you recommend a 4 slot... and what is the average price you have seen on them?

Bluevoodu said:

Personally, I recommend the 2 slot (MV-2F): it has built-in joystick ports, memory card reader, stereo output and volume controls!

Dave,skip on the 6-slot and go for either a 2-slot or a 4-slot board,as they are both very reliable and are considerably cheaper than the more troublesome 6-slot ;)

2-slot = $125-$175.
4-slot = $150 - $225.

BIG-

cool.

I have to start checking these out again. The kids have been zapping the funds lately :lol
BUT I AT LEAST need a good 1 slot. If I can, I'll get a 4 slot.

Do you know what the 1 slots run anymore? Not the Candy Cab 1 slots, but the 1 slots that have separate sound from the Jamma Harness.

Bluevoodu said:
cool.

I have to start checking these out again. The kids have been zapping the funds lately :lol
BUT I AT LEAST need a good 1 slot. If I can, I'll get a 4 slot.

Do you know what the 1 slots run anymore? Not the Candy Cab 1 slots, but the 1 slots that have separate sound from the Jamma Harness.

I don't get it..:?

A one slot mobo that outputs sound from outside of the JAMMA harness? Do you mean the ones that have mono/stereo switch?

BIG-

BIG said:
I don't get it..:?

A one slot mobo that outputs sound from outside of the JAMMA harness? Do you mean the ones that have mono/stereo switch?

BIG-

yeah :)

I thought most MVS cabs were this way? There is a seperate speaker connector (white and I think 4 pin) that is seperate from the jamma harness. I can give you the mobo # if you want :)

Bluevoodu said:
yeah :)

I thought most MVS cabs were this way? There is a seperate speaker connector (white and I think 4 pin) that is seperate from the jamma harness. I can give you the mobo # if you want :)

My MVS cab is plug-and-play,everything comes out through the JAMMA harness. Is your cab a big red or something?

BIG-