Nokia N-Gage who here owns an N-Gage?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
seriously.... who here owns an N-Gage.

Who has liked the N-Gage?

Please post up here!

†B†V† :hat

I would not support this system in your store Dave. It was a disaster waiting to happen. It was too expensive, the console design is terrible, the online functions are too expensive, and the games are crap.

:lol

I figured this would come about when I created this section for the Ngage as well.

Well.... is there anything positive about it?

*Tries to think of a postive*

AHA! There are so few games for it, you almost never have to make a decision like "Should I buy this game, or this game?"

The MP3 function of it is supposed to be pretty good.

Also, it supports Blue tooth, I think.

blue tooth, eh?

thats different... on a cell phone?

why? or what is it for?

For the multiplayer games. It's like wireless except more um...advanced, I think. It's a way of hooking up with other N-Gages so you can play games with other people.

You know what's funny though is that they recalled the N-Gage QD because people were mad that Nokia made it so that you HAD to get T-Mobile as your service to play the games.

N-Gage's main problem other than price is the fact they have almost no support from gamers or developers.

has any new games even come out on it?

and you actually have to pay to play ?

N-Gage has less than 10 games for it. But it has a few coming out. It is apparently getting some severly watered down ports of some Ubisoft games. Ghost Recon Jungle Storm and chaos theory.

I've played games on both versions of the N-Gage, and my personal opinion is that the controls suck and the screen is too small. I mean if you think the GBA has a small screen, the N-Gage screen is half that, and worse, it's vertically orientated instead of horizontally orientated. It doesn't work very well for side-scrollers.

It might be worth getting used to the controls if only there were some half-decent games....Tomb Raider and the Sims just didn't do it for me, though. Especially since if you made your character a girl in the Sims she had to wear a mini-skirt. I was like, "Ok, not all girls like to wear mini-skirts! Can't I at least get some jeans?"

Do you have an N-Gage?

anyways, I think this system had alot of potential, if only they had focused more on the gaming aspect. I recall original N-Gages needed to be taken apart to switch games.

I have both,
the QD sucks because they took out the MP3 player and some other features,
But the Taco sized original isn't that bad, the buttons are badly layed out and
the games are not to much fun with the vertical screen.

Oh and lets not forget those horrible FPS's with the mixture of bad controls and terrible screen size.

After all this wasted money on the NGage, I think even they are saying that to themselves.