Neo Geo CD How many...?

Joined Jun 2006
30 Posts | 0+
King's Lynn, England (where the history comes from
Hi kids, can anyone help? I'm trying to find out how many Japanese top-loader NGCDs were made...

Mine's 32xxx. Is that low?

this is a tough question due to other region systems...etc. BUT ... for Japanese systems, I can't even tell you. I BELIEVE the last run # of the Neo Geo CD systems were in the 133,xxx range.... I BELIEVE. It's been a long time since I've gone through this question, I am not totally sure anymore.

Welcome to the boards :) We hope to see you around. Yeah... we could use more activity in this section.

BV :hat

Bluevoodu said:
this is a tough question due to other region systems...etc.  BUT ... for Japanese systems, I can't even tell you.  I BELIEVE the last run # of the Neo Geo CD systems were in the 133,xxx range.... I BELIEVE.  It's been a long time since I've gone through this question, I am not totally sure anymore.

Welcome to the boards :)  We hope to see you around.  Yeah... we could use more activity in this section.

BV :hat

Thanks for the welcome, and the answer too.

no problem :)

there are a few different regions of the top loader. There is the PAL, The Japanese, Brazillian, US, and supposively a Chinese... or something like that. I am not sure how many other regions got the systems.

So far, those are what I know. The Brazillian are a bit difficult to find. I have one (as well as a US one... which are very hard to find).

I wish I had a better answer for you, but I am not sure if there are gaps in the sequences... or how the serial sequences were done.

Bv :hat

Mine is a Japanese top-loader with the serial in this range:

010XXXX

Got it wrong... just checked, turns out it's printed on the box too... Never knew, glad I kept it now. It's 35xxx

Shiny said:
Got it wrong... just checked, turns out it's printed on the box too... Never knew, glad I kept it now. It's 35xxx
sometimes serials on the box do not match the system due to people switching them out.

That is something to watch for. Some times... the serials fall off the box. I've never seen a serial fall off a system though :)

Bv :hat