Neo Geo CD Neo Geo CD Bootlegs??

Joined Oct 2006
5 Posts | 0+
Hello,

plz help me!! It seems to me that i have been ripped off.

I bought 8 NEW/Sealed NGCD Games from a online retailer in the UK.

- All games have a spine

- All games were really sealed and everything (all CDs, Jewel Cases, Covers, Manual ) looks like brand new.

- All CD stickers accurately cover the entire upper part of the CDs and do not shine.

- All the inserts are perforated on the sides to fit them into the case

- All CDs, manuals and back covers show a matching NGCD number

- All inserts and the manual are of high printing quality, beware if you notice "watery"-looking images or pixilation

BUT only 3 Games have the Neo Geo logo in the upper right corner of the jewel case

Are these without NEO GEO Logo Jewel Case Bootlegs?
Were there ever Neo Geo Games sold in a ordinary Jewel Case?

(the games are.: Super Sidekicks 2 (jap) , Fatal Fury 2 (jap), Fatal Fury Special (jap), Football Frenzy (usa), League Bowling (jap))

Plz help me!! :-[

Thanks a lot !

It is common that the case cover breaks and must be replaced. If the cds are pressed not burned, and the manuals are professionally printed including spincards it is unlikely they are fake. I had a cd or two with replaced jewel cases.

Edit: I'm not sure that every game ever made had the NGCD logo on the case. The cds vary a lot, like some have Neo Geo pressed onto the underside of the cd.

Thx for your reply!

The games were original sealed/shrink-wrapped and i can't understand how it should be possible to change a broken jewel case while the games are still shrink-wrapped (don't know if that is the right word in english /sorry i'am from germany) ???

All NGCD-Games i saw in stores here before had the NEO GEO Logo in the upper right corner of the jewel case except for some used ones.

It's just driving me mad that maybe i have received some bootlegs even if the chance is very small.

no... not all games (especially some English ones) had the embossed logo on the case. I had a batch of Aero Fighters 2 brand new without the embossed logo before.

Send me pics of your discs... I have a bootlegged game that actually has a homemade perforated spine... no joke. It was done well. I knew it was a bootleg because of the colors being off slightly and a totally different disc.... BUT I have to say, the disc was well made too... looked like a factory job. IE the image on the disc was raised ... looked professional. I don't have a pic of that yet... but I am planning on doing so soon.

I am working on some updates for our Bootleg FAQ (I am just VERY swamped... and have been since ... August '05)... BUT here is the Bootleg FAQ:
neogeocd.net Bootlet FAQ

Bv :hat

Hey,

Great and thx for your reply. I will shot some pics of the discs tomorow and then i will send them to your e-mail adress.

Bluevoodu said:
...BUT I have to say, the disc was well made too... looked like a factory job.

Had this bootleg disc a holographic bar code?

NGCD-Freak said:
Hey,

Great and thx for your reply. I will shot some pics of the discs tomorow and then i will send them to your e-mail adress.

Had this bootleg disc a holographic bar code?

Could we have permission to use them in the bootleg FAQ if need be? :)

That was the biggest give-away... it didn't have the bar code.  The # on it was NG-SSH.    But still... the Disc was one of the coolest I have seen "user" produced. It does look professional (not as professional as they come.. but comparible).

BTW.. welcome to the forums :)  We hope to see you around!!

†B†V† :hat

Hey,

Thanks for the welcome!

Of course, you can use the pics for the bootleg FAQ if needed.

I have sent them a few minutes ago so they should already be in your mailbox.

I think it would be great beside the bootleg FAQ if we would have a list including all NGCD games in every version (EU/JAP/US) with proper pics (disc, inlay, cover, manual, insert, registration card etc.) from NGCD-Games which were confirmed to be legit.

Ahh and btw there is a mistake in the masterlist:

- The CD # for Super Sidekick is NGCD-052/ NGCD-052E
and not NGCD-053.

and as far as I know but i'm not sure:

KOF 94 is NGCD-055 / NGCD-055E
KOF 95 is NGCD-084
Raguy/Blue's Journey is ADCD-001
Burning Fight is NGCD-018
Breakers is NGCD-230

thank you for your permission :)

I just got some free time, so I am going to check the your pics out shortly for the bootlegs... sorry for the delay.

As for the errors... I don't have a close up of the Super Sidekicks ... Are you sure that is it?  I copied the # from the CD I had in stock a couple months ago.

Thank you for the other #'s.  I will try to get them addded shortly :)

Bv :hat

I'm pretty sure because I have had 5 of them and all have NGCD-052E or NGCD-052 on them depending on which version they were (eu-us/jp).