Neo Geo CD Recently Decided to buy a Neo CD!

Joined Nov 2006
9 Posts | 0+
Well, the title says it all really. I picked up a Japanese toploader and it arrived a few days ago. It only came with Rayguy (better than I thought it would be) so I went on a bit of a shopping spree. The games I decided to pick up:

Fighters History Dynamite
King of Fighters 95
King of Fighters 96
King of Fighters 98 LTD
Mahjong Kyoretsuden (it was super cheap, why not?)
Samurai Shodown 3
Samurai Shodown 4 (sealed)
AND THE BEST ONE OF ALL....

WINDJAMMERS
8)

I should be having a lot of fun next weekend. My cousins should be coming over so we will have a windjammers and neo geo cup tournament.

Some other games I plan to get eventually:

Crossed Swords
Puzzle Bobble
Galaxy Fight
King of Fighters 94, 97, 99 (terrible load times on 99, I know, more for collection purposes anyways)
View Point
Last Resort
Samurai Shodown RPG
Neo Drift Out (if it ever pops up at a reasonable price)
Neo Turf Masters
Also pretty much anything that is cheaper than the MVS version.

Any of the above that I should watch out for?? (poor quality, terrible load times) Any opinions would be appreciated.

What games would anyone here recommend me to I pick up after Christmas when I have some extra spending money? I have access to AES and MVS, so anything with ridiculous load times I would just buy in some other format. From the looks of things, there are only a handful of CD games worth more than $30 or so which means I will consider almost any recommendations. I've got my eyes on a couple of sealed US games in the store at this website so you might see an order from me soon enough.

Circa2113 said:
Some other games I plan to get eventually:

Crossed Swords
Puzzle Bobble
Galaxy Fight
King of Fighters 94, 97, 99 (terrible load times on 99, I know, more for collection purposes anyways)
View Point
Last Resort
Samurai Shodown RPG
Neo Drift Out (if it ever pops up at a reasonable price)
Neo Turf Masters
Also pretty much anything that is cheaper than the MVS version.

Any of the above that I should watch out for?? (poor quality, terrible load times) Any opinions would be appreciated.

What games would anyone here recommend me to I pick up after Christmas when I have some extra spending money? I have access to AES and MVS, so anything with ridiculous load times I would just buy in some other format. From the looks of things, there are only a handful of CD games worth more than $30 or so which means I will consider almost any recommendations. I've got my eyes on a couple of sealed US games in the store at this website so you might see an order from me soon enough.
Very nice ! :)

Good system to get! and you got some good games.

There isn't really anything quality wise to look for in your wanted list... except Galaxy Fight. I didn't think it was too bad, but others do (just the game itself... no loading, etc).

You have a great want list :) For collection purposes you might want to think of Sengoku, Top Hunter, and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2. RBFF2 has long loads... but is COOL. Top Hunter (IMO) is a fun game. Sengoku is ok... but getting hard to find.

Just an FYI.. New/Sealed Neo CD games are becoming harder to find... ESPECIALLY in the US format. I've been seeing significantly less over the last year. On mayn of my titles.. once I am sold out, I can't get any more of them at all.

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
Very nice ! :)

Good system to get! and you got some good games.

There isn't really anything quality wise to look for in your wanted list... except Galaxy Fight. I didn't think it was too bad, but others do (just the game itself... no loading, etc).

You have a great want list :) For collection purposes you might want to think of Sengoku, Top Hunter, and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2. RBFF2 has long loads... but is COOL. Top Hunter (IMO) is a fun game. Sengoku is ok... but getting hard to find.

Just an FYI.. New/Sealed Neo CD games are becoming harder to find... ESPECIALLY in the US format. I've been seeing significantly less over the last year. On mayn of my titles.. once I am sold out, I can't get any more of them at all.

†B†V† :hat

Thanks for the reply. I already have sengoku on MVS on the way to my house from singapore, so I'll most likely pass on getting it on the CD. Thanks for the tip on galaxy fight though, I'll probably try it out before I buy it. As for the games I wanted from your store, if they are still available after Christmas, expect an order from me. ;) Oh and just to give you an idea, I was thinking about:

Aero Fighters 2
Last Resort
King of Monsters 2
Neo CD special
Samurai Spirits RPG
Viewpoint

Oh and just a suggestion for the store...Would it be possible to make an option to sort by price instead of just publisher?