Neo Geo CD Giga's review of the Neo CD (originally posted by Giga_Power)

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Ok, I got my system from Dave hours ago, so I'm going to post some thoughts.

First I want to talk about Samurai Shodown 4 because out of the games that I recieved with my CD unit, this is the one that I've put the most time into on the MVS version.
This is such a good port! I've noticed no difference in animation, or just how the game feels overall. In fact I've only noticed one difference with the game period- the soundtrack.
I understand why CD owners always gloat about this now.

When I ordered it, I was expecting to see inferior ports because it worked on a CD format, and it was one of the first to do so. The technology just wasn't that up to par when it first saw release, and it just made sense to me.

Aside from the load times (which I only think are too long on KoF 97) theres no negative thing to say about this when comparing it to the MVS version.

And then theres the controller....my god. I LOVE this thing. It's pretty much the same design idea that they later used on the NGPC, and it works even better here. I hate sticks and playing SS4 with this marvel made a huge difference in how good I was at the game. I actually only got beaten once playing through my first time. On the boss! My Hattori Hanzo can finally shine!

So, yeah, theres some initial impressions. I'll post more later.

But seriously, start gloating about the controller too. :woot

Code:
originally Posted:
http://www.egameaddicts.com/forum/index.php?topic=388.0