• Real Bout Fatal Fury 2

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Which Real Bout do you think is better? please explain why you think so :)

Base this on everything including graphics, load times, playability, characters, extras..etc

†B†V† :hat

My first choice would be Real Bout Fatal Fury. Some people don't like the first version in the Real Bout series, but I believe it offers style never before seen on the Neo-Geo. The ring-out feature really made the game standout; it felt like the FF series took another step in its evolution.

The graphics are gritty in comparison to the bright, pastel colors in Special, but they ooze with old-school personality.

Sound Beach! I'll never forget the time I knocked Blue Mary into the ocean at Sound Beach; she slid off the pier, fell into the water, and then returned to the surface topless. lol I was shocked by this for the simple reason that SNK was so anal about having blood in their games, I was never expecting nudity to appear uncensored.

Let's face it people -- RBFF has some of the best tunes this side of the community. RBFFS and RB2 also had memorable music but none of them can hold a candle to the music in this game, bar none.

The in-game characters were also drawn differently with a style that matched the atmosphere perfectly. Yamazaki was at his best in this game -- he was cool, well dressed, and he wasn't 'goofy' like he is today.

Nice description :)

I have heard a lot of people say the graphics in RBFF2 are awesome on the Neo CD, and the loads are not that bad....

do you all think that is true?

†B†V† :hat

I like RBFF2 best myself. The graphics are better and the gameplay faster. I'm partial to the music as well, its very good...but so is the music for all Fatal Fury games!

The two characters that were introduced into the Fatal Fury series with this game, Xianfei and Rick, are also two great characters in my opinion. Rick is actually one of my favorites to play with, his moves are very good.

The backgrounds in RBFF2 are also much cooler to me than those in RBFFS and RBFF. The stage with the Sakura trees is simply beatiful.

And yes..the load times are very good on the NGCD port of RBFF2.

i prefer real bout fatal fury 2, for some reason i find its easier to pull off special moves than either real bout or special.