Neo Geo CD neo cd top loader with component video

Joined Dec 2004
20 Posts | 0+
Im thinking of buying a mint boxed like new neo geo cd system from jeff k over on neogeo.com.Whats cool is well is that it has component video hook ups and digital audio.Should i buy it?Are the load times that bad?I want to start a neo geo cd collection as well play the games.

It is nice to see that someone else has had a sudden interest in the Neo Geo stuff. I just ordered a top loader Neo Geo CD a couple of weeks ago and have now had it for almost a week.

I too had read about the bad load times. To me, now that I have had a Neo Geo CD, I would have to say that the original PSP has worse load time. I have read that some don't think that it is any worse than the Xbox 360. I am not bothered by it. It does take a few seconds to load at different points. But that is only in your larger games. There are many of the older games that fully load only once, like Puzzle Bobble. One of the games that I am loving right now is KOF 96. If you choose team play, the game loads between matches. But, to me, it is no big deal. It really depends on the game. Some load very fast. Too me, the load times are nothing to the simple pleasure of playing some of my favorite arcade games at home. :)

The Wii Virtual Console has Neo Geo games now, don't go wasting a bunch of money when you can buy them on there for $9.

fhqwhgads said:
The Wii Virtual Console has Neo Geo games now, don't go wasting a bunch of money when you can buy them on there for $9.

Yeah but playing the game son the Neo Geo are cooler than playing on the Wii. It's a nostalgia thing, I guess.

Dart said:
Yeah but playing the game son the Neo Geo are cooler than playing on the Wii. It's a nostalgia thing, I guess.
I have to be honest... this is very true. Especially with older arcade style games. I bought a few on Virtual Console... and they just dont have the same feel and all.

Of course that is mental (probably)... but I'd rather break out my Neo CD system.

As for the component hook-ups... just use the S-video.

and if you have a problem with load times at all... you might not want to go to the system. If you don't mind load times... then go for it. Some games can be bad load time wise.

I also have a Neo CD if you are interested.

†B†V† :hat

I have picked up about four Neo Geo CD games off of ebay for a little over twenty dollars. Cheaper than the Wii download. I'm on dial-up anyway. I'm thinking that you need the fast internet service to download for the Wii? Anyway I would rather be playing on original hardware and not emulation. My system only cost me $89.00 and it came with 3 games and only one controller. I have yet to get interested in a next generation system. :D I am thinking very seriously of picking up an AES Neo Geo cart based system after Christmas sometime. :)

retro junkie said:
I have picked up about four Neo Geo CD games off of ebay for a little over twenty dollars. Cheaper than the Wii download. I'm on dial-up anyway. I'm thinking that you need the fast internet service to download for the Wii? Anyway I would rather be playing on original hardware and not emulation. My system only cost me $89.00 and it came with 3 games and only one controller. I have yet to get interested in a next generation system. :D I am thinking very seriously of picking up an AES Neo Geo cart based system after Christmas sometime. :)
What condition were the games and system?

That's crazy they are that cheap. It's cool though.

The games are in excellent condition, even has the spine cards. Only one disk has some scratches, but plays great. The system has some scratches and scrapes on the outer housing, no books and no box.

retro junkie said:
The games are in excellent condition, even has the spine cards. Only one disk has some scratches, but plays great. The system has some scratches and scrapes on the outer housing, no books and no box.
All are legit games as well?

You got a pretty good deal if so :)

Yes games are all legit. Has booklets and spine cards. Seems that if you hit it just right you can snag some pretty good deals off of eBay right now on the Neo Geo CD games. I just grabbed two more at 99 cents each with $16.00 shipping from Japan. Bringing my total of games to 10. Just got "Aggressors of Dark Combat" and World Heroes Jet." I have cleaned out my pockets and will have to sit eBay out for a while. :( Maybe after Christmas I can get back into building up my library of games.