Neo Geo CD Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

All Neo Geo CD fans should post up their Christmas wishes here :)

Anyone get Neo CD games for Christmas?

†B†V† :hat

I got a few....

US Sam Sho 4, US Sidekicks 2.

Bunch of JP throw in disks...

Will be stopping by gameaddiction for a few Neo CD titles soon.

Cheers!

Didn't have time to stop by here the last two days. I was having a jolly good time. :D Was spending time with my family. Mainly helping my daughter get her ipod nano up and running that I got her for Christmas. I didn't get anything NGCD, but I do have Sam Sho 3 coming in the mail. Won it off of ebay right before the Holidays.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! 8)

Retro, does your daughter play NGCD at all?

I have 4 sons, and the 3 older ones love the Neo Geo... the 4th is only 2 so he doesnt care much yet. ;)

Kanji said:
Retro, does your daughter play NGCD at all?

I have 4 sons, and the 3 older ones love the Neo Geo... the 4th is only 2 so he doesnt care much yet. ;)

Ummm... I only have one controller right now. So she hasn't been able to try it yet. :) I do have a second controller in the mail and on its way here. When that arrives then I will repost the results. I have only had my NGCD for a little over two weeks.

My daughter is a big Tekken fan. Just a couple of years ago they had a Ironfist tournament at our local EB games. She entered and done fairly well, but she was disappointed over there just being a bunch of button smashers that entered. She had meticulously learned every move of Yoshimitsu. It impressed and embarrassed a lot of guys and her fights were declared some of the best. But in the middle of the long wait of fighting matches she decided that she would rather be shopping. :lol

We have had matches between her and me over the years with Tekken and Street Fighter. (If one would come to the door of our house in the middle of a match it would sound like, from the outside, that someone was really in the middle of a real fight.) :) So I can hardly wait until that second controller arrives. There will be some rematches! Only this time it will be from the NGCD console! :D

Sounds like you guys have alot of fun.

My 2nd son is the one who really likes fighting games... He and I play Samurai Shodown frequently and he is starting to get into the characters and story beyond the gameplay.

I recently purchased a CD copy of Puzzle Bobble, and found the 2 player mode alot of fun to play competitively with my boys. Magical Drop 2 is great as well, if you can find it for sale.

Are you an exclusive retro gamer? or do you play current gen games?

Kanji said:
Are you an exclusive retro gamer? or do you play current gen games?

I am mostly into retro gaming. I do have a DS and as far as modern gaming, the PS2 and the Cube are as far as I go. I have really no interest at this point to get into the next generation of gaming. On those two modern systems I mostly play RPGs, SHUMUPS, or Racers. My passion is 2D gaming. I am hooked by the hand drawn sprites, animation, and gameplay. Arcade gaming is my thrill. I guess that is the main reason I am presently hooked by the NGCD. This is my first SNK console other than my Neo Pocket Color. (Has the best fighters on a portable.)

Hey Puzzle Bobble is a great two player. I remember when my daughter was 5 years old. I had a Commodore 64. I picked up Bubble Bobble out of a bargain bin for almost nothing. That lit a flame of passion for video games and the rest is history in my family. Bomberman rates second under Bubble Bobble around here. :)

You may already be aware of this, but there is a great magazine called Retro Gamer.

It is produced in England and covers nothing but retro games. Fantastic magazine. Even though it is an English mag, I havent found that it doesnt apply to US gamers, other than some differing terminology in some cases.

Barnes and Nobile usually stock it. You may find it interesting.

I know of the magazine. I saw it in a local state on a business trip. I just can't find it in my local area. All we have locally is a Borders and a Books-A-Million. Neither carry it. I guess I could hunt it up online.

edit: just googled and found it online. They have the first 30 magazines available on disc for purchase. :) I have found that when it comes to retro gaming, some gamers just don't understand. A guy I work with just dosen't understand why I have begun investing in the NGCD. A 14 year old system, when I could be buying something like an Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii.

retro junkie said:
I know of the magazine. I saw it in a local state on a business trip. I just can't find it in my local area. All we have locally is a Borders and a Books-A-Million. Neither carry it. I guess I could hunt it up online.

edit: just googled and found it online. They have the first 30 magazines available on disc for purchase. :) I have found that when it comes to retro gaming, some gamers just don't understand. A guy I work with just dosen't understand why I have begun investing in the NGCD. A 14 year old system, when I could be buying something like an Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii.

I am 34, and most of my peers at work dont understand my hobby either. In fact, my Wife thinks it is all junk. The boys and I have fun though.

Hey am a Quality Control Tech and I am 52 years old. People look at me kind of funny when they find out I love video gaming. I know some guys in their late 40s that are into gaming and they are almost embarrassed to admit it openly. I'm not. :lol My little nephews love coming to my house in the summer (they live in another state far away) They want me to get out the SNES. This coming summer I have the NGCD to expose them to. :D
My wife excepts it and enjoys some of it, Bomberman. The whole family gets involved with that one.