Neo Geo CD NGCD memory menu?

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
I have been trying to google for a translation of the memory management menu on my NGCD toploader. I have hit a brick wall and have come up with nothing. Does anyone have a USA version NGCD or know what the translation of the menu is?

I have been trying to locate a US manual myself... I cant read the JP menus on my CDZ.

Blue, if you have a US manual, I can PDF it and give it to everyone on the board????

I believe this would be it...

ng01.png

That looks like the menu from an AES system, which has a memory card. The NGCD has built-in memory and displays only 5 items. But from looking at that menu I will confirm that ,
#2 is DISPLAY DATA NAME,
#4 is FILE USER'S NAME
#5 is END.

This does help, but I would like to know the rest. Especially what it says in the menus that result from instigating any of these items.

in the end of my page

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/neogeoCDworld/fiche/fichetechniqueneogeo.htm

Good! We are making progress. So here is the first menu,

1. BACKUP MEMORY FORMAT
2. DISPLAY DATA NAME
3. DELETE A DATA
4. FILE USER'S NAME
5. END

I have figured out that the in the "FILE USER'S NAME" area that you can change the letters to the English alphabet by highlighting the bottom right hand Japanese word and pressing the "A" button. I have entered my name in English. Having my name as the user, I have no idea what advantage it is or why it would matter. I have seen no change in the saving of a game or high score. I exit a menu by pressing the "B" button.

heres something from way back on these forums...

1.11. I have a Japanese Neo CD system and want to use the Memory Card Manager,
what do the menu items mean?

While in the memory card manager, press A to activate an item, press A
again to confirm any action (e. g. deleting, formatting) and press B to
go back one step.

The menu items are:

1. Backup Memory Format

Use this to format your NGCD game save memory. Caution: ALL data will be
lost after formatting! If you have a brand new NGCD, you have to format
the game save memory once before you can use it, so if you think you have
a new console and can not save your games, format the memory first and
then try again.

2. Display Data Name

Shows the contents of the save memory.

3. Delete A Data

Delete game saves. Press A to select an item, press A again to confirm
deletion, press B twice to return to main menu.

4. File User's Name

Change the name of a game save.

5. End

Exit to CD player screen.

original thread url:

http://www.egameaddiction.com/neogeocd/reviews/faq/neogeocdfaq.html

Thanks "weaponepsilon." I have been spending this weekend looking through and reading the old archives of this forum, but have yet to run across this. Very time consuming.

Also being that there was snow on the ground outside, I stayed in and went through Samurai Shodown 4 and finished it using Jubei. :)

everything is worked out then? Sorry I haven't been around as much to help on some of these issues.

man... Imiss playing the Neo Geo Cd :) It has been too long.

Just curious... why did it take so long to find the information? What difficulties were you having? Just curious for future sake :)

weaponepsilon said:
Snow? Never heard of it. We don't get that in Minnesota.
The sarcasm runs deep there :) :lol

Bv :hat

I think it is because the actual information was connected to the front of the "Neo-Geo CD site" side that entered into the NGCD forum. I was entering from the Game Addicts Video Game Forum side which sort-of made the info elusive. There are two front doors so to speak. Now I have found both sides.

Even though the old site, I guess, has been merged in, it seems to be attached at the belly button. :) I never thought of it as being still so separate.

Hmmm.... maybe I just used the wrong words when I googled. I really turned up nothing. Interesting....

I think I used "neo geo cd faq" as a search term and the fifth result was back here. I was actually looking for one on Neo-geo.com