Neo Geo CD Which CD System do you prefer?

Which CD System do you prefer?

• Total voters
Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Which CD system do you prefer?  please do drop an explanation for others who might be considering buying one or the other.... etc.

†B†V† :hat

I got a jap top loader which i modded myself with a pal switch so now i got best of both worlds. Just a shame bout the loading times.

welcome back :) Good to see you made the transfer! :woot

I'll create a load times topic soon, so people can post about the load time issue.

You modded it for PAL, eh? What AC adaptor are you using with the Japanese system?

i got a 240v to 110v stepdown transformer made by Sunpower(UK) ltd model MW2P045. Its output is 110v @ 45W. The output socket is a standard 3 pin american type (the one with a rounded earth) but a jap neo cd power supply fits the 2 pins perfect. Its not caused me any trouble nor does it get hot even after several hours, the cd unit gets alot hotter.Dont know if it be powerful enough for the neo cdz due to its wattage rating.

So it actually gets hotter?

have you tried any other Neo CD systems? Do they get as hot?

Have you tried a PAL AC with your JPN system?
I am not 100% certain if this works or not...

I have a Japanese top loader modded with a region switch. I'm just picking it because thats what I have, and if I were going to get one thats what I would want, simply because modded or not it is uncensored on the Japanese system.

Plus I get a kick outta reading Kanji and hiragana/katakana.
I'm just a weirdo that way though.

i only have a US version, so im i really missing out alot on the blood and other uncensored stuff ?

666mafia said:
i only have a US version, so im i really missing out alot on the blood and other uncensored stuff ?

In my opinion yes. It just depends on how you as an individual feels about censorship. Mainly you missing blood and fatalities in the Samurai Spirits series, and bllod and bouncyness in the KOF series. I think blood may also be censored in the Metal Slug series but its been so long since I played one in the US region I really cannot remember for sure.

I pretty much NEVER play my games in the US region, always Japanese...but I'm a Japanese wannabe anyway, and am trying to learn as much kanji as possible.

is it easy to learn kanji. i heared of people learining so that they can read the subtitles and stuff in the games. is there a website for it.

666mafia said:
is it easy to learn kanji. i heared of people learining so that they can read the subtitles and stuff in the games. is there a website for it.

Its extremely hard to learn kanji, and I myself only know a very small amount of kanji. There are literally thousands of different kanji and each one means a different word, so you basically have to memorize a symbol, and relate it to the word.

Now hiragana and katakana are much easier to learn, but you have to also know what the words mean in Japanese to have an understanding...in other words its similar to an alphabet like westerners are used to...but the Japanese still have another language..so knowing how to spell, and knowing how to read the language are two different things.

Ultimatly its best to just play the english translation of a game. It would be pretty hardcore to learn a language just for gaming ...but I guess its possible if you had the desire.

If I were to get another NGCD system, I would buy the US version. I found the Jap systems to be unreliable. I would also go with a used system that has been played a lot.

The U.S. top-loading units seem to be more durable. Take it from someone who has owned both U.S. and Japanese systems: purchase the U.S. version!

I picked the front loader, as it still has yet to find a home with me.