Neo Geo CD DO Pal AC adaptors work with Jpn (or US) systems?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I have heard rumors that they do.... as the Neo Geo CD toploader decks can use any toploader AC adaptor....

but will this ruin the system?

I have a US Neo CD system.... I bought it new. NOW, it came with a POWCD-X adaptor... This ac adaptor LOOKS exactly like the PAL ac adaptor, but came standard with a US (2 pin... not the normal US 3 pin including ground) outlet adaptor on the end. I have seen other Neo CD AC adaptors like this.

The PAL CD adaptor is a POWCD - E.

SO, what is the real difference between the POWCD-E and the POWCD-X

and that leaves me with the question, is it ok to use a PAL AC with any Neo system and a small adaptor?

Post up your comments

†B†V† :hat

if the output is the same polarity and rating then it should work regardless of whatever its input voltage and frequency is and shouldn't cause any problems. The AES has a standard ac pwer unit that has a selectable input voltage and will work any AES system whichever country its from, i think the main difference with the neo cd though was that the ac adapter plug that plugs into the back of the neo is different between some models. Not sure if its country wise or serial number wise. I ,ay be totally wrong on that last bit but i sure i read it somewhere on the net when i was looking for a site on how to mod neo geos to run 50/60hz and english/jap languages.

as far as I know.. the plug to the BACK of the system differs on the CDZ... and I think the front loader.

BUT.... I have heard that all toploader AC adaptors work with any region system....

I guess that is what I am trying to figure out :)

anyone know?

†B†V† :hat