Neo Geo CD Neo Geo CD Help

Joined Jan 2008
3 Posts | 0+
I posted this on eagamesaddiction and will post here to try and get some help

Heres the problem, I have a NGCD front loader, I put a game in and it loads fine but when it gets to the title screen of the game and I press start game the NGCD resets itself. The other in game menu options work fine like demo, options etc. but if I press play or start the game it resets to the opening screen and audio player, also all the games can play all their music tracks. I have ruled out the CD's as I have numerous games and it does the same thing for every game. Even more in my troubleshooting endeavors I ruled out the actual CD drive, I happen to have another front loader and swapped the drives and the drive operates perfectly. Also I swapped PSU's and that didnt change anything. So I have it narrowed down to the body. I am looking for someone who has had a similar problem and can lead me in the right direction. Like I said I have a good working frontloader but I dont want to swap parts blindly but I will if I have no other choice to find the exact problem . So what do you guys think.

ok... are the legit games? Not copied... backups... or CD-R?

are they 100% clean and scratch free?

Do you get any I/O errors... or does the system just restart?

In the CD player mode... can you play any music from that game? on different tracks? IE try track 1, 10, 20.

†B†V† :hat

Also, what game did you try? how many others did you try?

what controller did you use? Are you using all SNK brand equipment... or anything custom? (IE custom controllers, psu, or video cables)?

What region? and are you using S-video or A/V?

†B†V† :hat