What game are you currently playing?

Status
Closed
Playing Burai Fighter on my Gameboy pocket. Been working on it all weekend. Nice little shooter.

Currently playing Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's easily becoming one of my top favorite games ever. Possibly in my top ten.

Memorial Day morning I started playing Journey again. Played it several times through. The last time I played it I had a total of 6 travelling companions through the game. One of those we stayed together, died together, and came to life together. We ascended into the mountain and went through the passage together. I was hoping for some special ending. Wasn't there. I did get a trophy for reaching the summit with a companion and return to the beginning. It is called Crossing. It was awesome. Also got the trophy called companion, because it was the same partner for a majority of the game.

Shenmue. Been caught up on the hype for the new one so replaying the games. Other than that some J-Stars Victory Vs. on PS4 and not much else

I started playing Terraria on steam again since the update. I forgot what a complete and utter time-sink that game can be.

Magic Duels just launched a few days ago as a free download on steam so I had to pick it up. It's really good so far and seems a lot more open as far as deck building and a whole lot less pay to win as its mtgo fore-father.

Been hooked on Persona 4 Golden on my Vita. Friend linked me this video on facebook and I think I've watched it every day :lol Needless to say I'm excited for Dancing all Night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whyBV4WTlSE

Other than that been playing Ultra Street Fighter IV and Mortal Kombat X with some buddies

This weekend, for some reason, I regressed back to playing GunNac on my Famicom. This has led to me puling out the SNES. Super R-Type, Space Mega Force, Gradius 3, and Super Famicom's Cosmo Gang the Video was among the "happy hour" games. :D

edit: How odd, I ended my console gaming today with the N64. :lol

I think I've developed video game ADD.

my son started playing some pixel shooter on his tablet and liked it so he got into my 360 collection and pulled out COD Black OPS. The kid is 5 so I had to put the tv on mute (lots of F-bombs and he loves quoting television) but I played a few missions with him last night. The new MTG game on Steam seems to have working servers now so I've played a bit more Magic Duels and played a little more Terraria today after work. Last night I also went through my steam library to see what games I've yet to play (there's almost 100 I've not even touched) so I played a few hours of Dead Island RipTide with an old friend.

I seem to be falling into the same disorder with the xbox 360. There are so many games that I am getting for $5 or less, I am having trouble just sticking to one so I can get somewhere with it. I received "Darksiders" day before yesterday and man what an awesome game. Oh but wait I need to get back to Blue Dragon. I have 18 games now plus two downloads. This is frustrating. Wish I had a job where I work one day and off six. I don't think they exist. ::D

retro junkie said:
I seem to be falling into the same disorder with the xbox 360. There are so many games that I am getting for $5 or less,.........

And there's the problem.

I went broke buying what I wanted to play when it came out at 50-60 each BUT I only bought one or two at a time and thoroughly played each through. Once I got steam and started taking advantage of the big sales my consoles sat and acquired dust... giving a good lapse between what I'd recently played and the newest releases. Then the games new to me had been out long enough to get them used for pennies on the dollar. so now that 60-120 that was purchasing one or two games at a time is now buying 12 - 24 games that are brand new to me. On top of that places like gamestop will have a buy two get one free pre-owned sale that just adds that much more. Just in the last year I've purchased 4 sets of 8' shelves to keep up with the madness. Its almost like I'm spending more time collecting then I am playing.

In between work and school I was able to get a few rounds of zombies with my son on COD Black OPS today. He's pretty good for a five year old, he makes it to about the 6th round before he needs much help.

Still grinding in Blue Dragon on my 360. I really like this game. It is so old school in the gameplay.

Just played a few rounds of Splatoon, its a reasonably fun game although I really wish I preordered the amiibos to go with it.

Won me a copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2 Super Famicom version off of eBay Saturday. It was in my mailbox when I got home today from work. This is happening right now, tonight!

SFA2.gif

8)

Ummm... sorry for the double post. ::)

As you know I have recently been importing games...........

This week I have been spending time with "Sin & Punishment" on my N64. It completely blows my mind that they did not bring this game to the US during its release date in 2000. And it would have meant little effort on their part, as it is basically already in English except for the menu system. It would have been such a hit at that point in gaming history. I know this was remade for the Wii in 2009, or it is considered the successor. And this N64 version was also released on the VC, seven years later after the initial release. But sometimes there are those "moments" that are missed. Timing is everything. As technology changes, it also changes the situation. And, years later, as it was released for the Wii it became missed and buried among a host of other games across the various consoles. Its impact was diluted. I consider this a classic for the N64 that must be experienced by anyone that owns the N64 console. And I know that many gamers of this generation would probably not understand the significance. The gaming world has changed so much since those days.

If the Nintendo 64 did one thing well it was to prolong the life of the rail shooter. 3d World Runner was my first foray into the genre and I must say I really enjoyed it. The 16 bit systems had some good ones (although without google all I can remember off the top of my head is the space harrier series). When the 32 and 64 bit systems came out they had a lot more going on, and the rail shooter got lost in the shuffle (for me anyway). Then comes along star fox 64. That game stayed in my 64 until I beat it, and then started over again. It wasn't until I moved on campus in 1999 that games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark ushered in this multiplayer experience that took focus off of almost everything else video game wise. Needless to say I missed Sin and Punishment and after you mentioned it I watched a youtube of the gameplay and was instantly taken back to 3d world runner.

That's about three or four imports now you've mentioned that I've had to look up and found worth while. You should consider a thread listing out the games a lot of us are missing.

targetrasp said:
That's about three or four imports now you've mentioned that I've had to look up and found worth while. You should consider a thread listing out the games a lot of us are missing.

Apparently N64 importing has not been very well explored by us English speaking gamers. I keep googling the net for any suggestions and always the same few games are listed. I have plans to order Bangai-O in the next few days. That will sock my wallet right in the eye and throw me into gridlock until after Christmas, it is heavy expensive. But I will be looking and I have plans for a few games at that point. Making a list. I know that the N64 Japan exclusive games are limited in number. I will consider in the meantime putting together a thread with some photos and a condensed review of my import experience.

I've stayed away from imports mostly because my favorites are RPGs and its near impossible to play an rpg in a language you don't know. I know I've missed some shooters, some really strange platformers, and a few other hidden gems from having a narrowed scope.

I got my Bangai-o today for my N64. Awesome, been playing. If I would have had this game back when I got my N64, in its glory days, it would have never left the console.

Status
Closed