Xenoblade for Wii!

Since NoA hasn't announced whether this game is actually being brought stateside, there's a huge campaign going on right now to pre-order it on Amazon and get Nintendo's attention by showing them how much money they will get if they bring it here. So far, it's actually the #1 game on Amazon.

Details on the campaign here, but basically if you're willing to put money down, go to Amazon and pre-order Xenoblade (which is still listed under the initial announcement name of Monado).

Hopefully it works out. I wonder how many will truly go through with their preorder. One of the nice things about Amazon is that you can cancel so easily and you don't get charged until the unit ships to your house. So the question is, will preorders that don't necessarily guarantee an actual sale be enough to sway Japanese developers? Hopefully it does.

UPDATE: To show that I am for the cause, I'll place a preorder and go through with it if it does get released.

It's not the Japanese developers, though. The problem is specific to Nintendo of America. In response to Operation Rainfall, NoA stated that there are currently no plans to release Xenoblade stateside. I don't think Amazon has taken the game down from their site yet, though.

I can honestly say that because NoA stated it's not coming over is not because they specifically don't want it to. Nintendo of Japan is the main publisher and is the one who makes those calls.

Ok so this topic is in serious need of a bump, since it is now in fact coming out in North America. Whether Operation Rainfall was actually responsible for any of that, we'll probably never know.

Xenoblade is exclusive to GameStop and Nintendo, so if you're one of those anti-GameStop folks, make sure to pre-order through Nintendo. :D

I am really excited about this game. Everything I've read about it and heard about it from people who have played it is good news.

Is anyone else going to get it?

I definitely am. I want one last RPG for my wii before I close the lid on my once favorite console of this gen.

I am getting excited about a Wii game. ;D I will look forward to this game being released. I wonder how the controls will be. I haven't read much about it. But I do like this series a lot.

I've got one word for it awesome =3 Its brilliants will most defiantly keep you going for some hours.

Not sure what normal controls with the remote and nunchuck would be like but its perfectly playable no problems with a classic controller -which I use-

I definitely want it :lol. It looks cool.
Now the fight between wants and needs commences.

BV :hat

yep, i pre-ordered from nintendo's website when they became available. i dont buy or shop at gamestop. i think its bad when people are hypocrites and say how much they hate gamestop but go ahead and give them their business anyway. if you want a better game store, you have to stop a monopoly like gamestop from being fed with our money.

so i am very glad you could order directly from nintendo because i wouldn't have bought xenoblade otherwise if it was indeed a gamestop exclusive.

i'm very much looking forward to the game because i haven't played a new rpg in a long long time. and i purposely don't look up any information on the game because when i get it home and turn it on, i want my games to be fresh and new and enjoy unexpected surprises.

Grandmaster said:
yep, i pre-ordered from nintendo's website when they became available. i dont buy or shop at gamestop. i think its bad when people are hypocrites and say how much they hate gamestop but go ahead and give them their business anyway. if you want a better game store, you have to stop a monopoly like gamestop from being fed with our money.

so i am very glad you could order directly from nintendo because i wouldn't have bought xenoblade otherwise if it was indeed a gamestop exclusive.

i'm very much looking forward to the game because i haven't played a new rpg in a long long time. and i purposely don't look up any information on the game because when i get it home and turn it on, i want my games to be fresh and new and enjoy unexpected surprises.

Good call... this is why I do not shop at Walmart. I totally agree with you!

BUT... as much as I hate gamestop... I am a hypocrite there.

Let me know when you get it! I'm curious what you think and how good it plays...etc

BV :hat

So now that this has actually come out, does anyone want to talk about it? :p

Personally I think I may have built it up too much. I'm only about eight hours in (which is nothing for an rpg) but I am not at all impressed. The battle system is like MMO-lite and I just don't care for it. I know the story is supposed to be great but I have a hard time playing through any game where I don't like the battle system.